Started the new season

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c5rulz

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Earlier in the week I delivered about 110#s of Honeycrisp apples to my logger buddies and they said, "want some oak?". Since I was going anyway, I took the trailer. Normally I get log cut offs which are very large and harder to deal with. This time they had CULL LOGS! Threw so many on the trailer had to use straps to contain the load. It was so nice, got another load the next day. The wife made a fresh apple pie bars that we ate for desert at lunch time. Only two loads so far but these are piling up wood FAST. Started using the loader tractor and it has speeded things up a bunch and eased strain on me. I cut into rounds on the trailer to contain the saw dust, roll into bucket and drive to the pile for very easy unloading. BTW, one trailer load makes one half cubic yard of sawdust.

Does this rate a U suck?

20201006_145200.jpg20201006_145139.jpg20201006_145208.jpg

That is a great looking place and yes, it qualifies. But I'd say you worked harder to raise those apples than it did for the guys to load those logs.

I would trade 110 pounds of apples for the wood anyday of the week. I have 8 apple trees on this property and 5 on the other . I usually am feeding the deer in February with the surplus . This year I bartered off about 20 bushels of apples for milling some of the trunks I have . He makes hard cider but. I'll get some back anyways as we trade cider for homebrew.

I would trade 110 pounds of apples for the wood anyday of the week. I have 8 apple trees on this property and 5 on the other . I usually am feeding the deer in February with the surplus . This year I bartered off about 20 bushels of apples for milling some of the trunks I have . He makes hard cider but. I'll get some back anyways as we trade cider for homebrew.

Large trees can have a pretty incredible amount of apples on them.

Do you stay on top of a spray schedule for them?

I grow some pretty decent apples but it takes a lot to get them like this.DSCF0020.JPGDSCF0002.JPGDSCF0001.JPG

My apple trees have been wrecked by bears and not helped by deer. Hurricanes destroyed the electric fence and the animals did the rest. Couldn't catch up with all the work once I got behind. The last vineyard harvest I took a pic of a days work. Hurricanes ruined the next year and following. Nature's tough.....

CARLOS.jpgDOREEN.jpg

Back