Starting a competition.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homemade

Certified Chainsaw Tester
Reaction score
I'm looking at getting a chainsaw competition timber sports show this summer at my fireman's picnic. (Kinda like a county fair). The only problem is don't know what sports I should include and where to find judges. I don't want to just go with a show from stihl but something from the community can join in. I was thinking of ax throwing, tree felling, log rolling, tree trimming, saw chain changing. And stock saw single buck. Next question is wood. What kind is usually used in competition? I can get aspen logs or phone poles. I suppose if I talk t the local saw mill I could some that were debarked. I also don't want this to be too huge with 100 events and need thousands of people to run. Thinking of 5 ppl to operate. Any info is helpfull

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

There is a lot of work putting on a competition... The best thing for you to do would be to get in touch with Rick and Penney Halverson. They are the closest competitors I can think of in your area. (great people too)

Back