State of the wood pile

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My place has straight electric heat no heat pump so it gets expensive to stay cold. Luckily in NC the weather isn't real cold but we have out share of 20 and 30 degree nights with a couple single digits sprinkled in there. I'm kind of a fan of the $60/month electric bill myself. My stove is right in the middle of the house and takes car of the whole thing with ease. I can load it up in the morning at 7am and its still going fine a 6pm with good firewood. Plus I like being able to be off the grid in a heartbeat, I have a generator, can run my well and a bunch of stuff for a few days without any problem.

Some nice piles, and James, you look to be in very good order for the future :rock:
We also have solar with multiple large cell tower batteries for power back up and solar hot water pre heater that will give me atleast 90* water even on the coldest day if the water heater quits. Can go off the grid at the flip of a switch. Guess you could say my FIL has been a prepper since long before it was a buzzword.

Back