Sthil light bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you think I'm making your point your not very sharp.
If what you say is true homeowner saws would come with solid bars instead of lightweight laminated bars. Yet they don't.
I am still waiting for some documentation to back up your half assed theory.
And BTW the heavier bar will always have more reactive force..basic physics here. Force (N) = mass (kg) × acceleration
Right on Pard cool! 👍
Yes, Oregon's and Husky's heavy bars are also laminated. That is correct!
Well, Im definitely not as sharp as my power saws!

If you think I'm making your point your not very sharp.
If what you say is true homeowner saws would come with solid bars instead of lightweight laminated bars. Yet they don't.
I am still waiting for some documentation to back up your half assed theory.
And BTW the heavier bar will always have more reactive force..basic physics here. Force (N) = mass (kg) × acceleration
Now listen very carefully, as I will not debate this topic any further. The reactive force comes from the weight and power in the head Pard! The bar counterweights it! Now think about it fir just a second Pard! Do you think an MS 170 with a 36" heavy bar (if it could mount up) would throw a bar tip back at you, as easily and as fast as a 661 with a 16" light bar? Come on Pard! How long have you been running a power saw?

Now listen very carefully, as I will not debate this topic any further. The reactive force comes from the weight and power in the head Pard! The bar counterweights it! Now think about it fir just a second Pard! Do you think an MS 170 with a 36" heavy bar (if it could mount up) would throw a bar tip back at you, as easily and as fast as a 661 with a 16" light bar? Come on Pard! How long have you been running a power saw?
A lot of guys that don’t run big saws may not have experienced the POWER shove back that’s possible...

The reactive force comes from the chain speed not the bar.

Your description of throw back is actually kick back. **** I just started laughing out loud. These guys 😵‍💫

PVhiker man thsts awesome

Your description of throw back is actually kick back. **** I just started laughing out loud. These guys 😵‍💫

PVhiker man thsts awesome
Oh god. Here we go again! 🙄 kick back, throw back, push back... Call it whatever you like.🤣🤣🤣 There are several different ways a a power saw can kick, throw, push back at you. No? The owners manual that comes with a new saw describes it the tip getting "thrown" back at you as Kick back. The manual also says "never use your tip due to "kick back". So Im assuming you probably never use your tip too if you believe everything you read?😉 Man, I'm kicking my back side for even mentioning anything about light bars!
Good night Gentleman!

Yo @bwalker! You conduct a "Throkipshback" test yet? With a light and heavy bar of the same length on the same head? I mean, 🤔 don't conduct the throkipshback test with both bars mounted on the same head at the same exact time.☝️ It would throkipshback the dynamics and physics all out of wack 👎 and prove absolutely nothing!🤷 You gotta throkipshback test one bar. Then throkipshback test the other.😉

Nice will then have to analyse if that test was done in a push or kick action

Yo @bwalker! You conduct a "Throkipshback" test yet? With a light and heavy bar of the same length on the same head? I mean, 🤔 don't conduct the throkipshback test with both bars mounted on the same head at the same exact time.☝️ It would throkipshback the dynamics and physics all out of wack 👎 and prove absolutely nothing!🤷 You gotta throkipshback test one bar. Then throkipshback test the other.😉
You better contact Stihl and Husky and let them know they are trying to kill people with the light weight bars they are selling...lol

Back