Stihl 011AVT

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
next saw woke up from a deep sleep again because of defective oil pump. The 009L is so happy to work again - with complete overhauled oiler, carb and ignition

Attachments

• SW_04965.JPG
    SW_04965.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 5
  • SW_04966.JPG
    SW_04966.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 5
  • SW_04967.JPG
    SW_04967.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 5
  • SW_04968.JPG
    SW_04968.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 5
  • SW_04969.JPG
    SW_04969.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 5
  • SW_04970.JPG
    SW_04970.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 5
  • SW_04971.JPG
    SW_04971.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 5
Well for starters, merry merry, happy happy. I thought I'd bring things current with this saw. New carb. finally came in, replaced air, plug, vent line. They told me at shop that it was taking 7-10 pulls to get her started but that's how the beast works in this case. Gave it a shot and day 1, couldn't get it started. Pulled probably 20x or so and gave up because it smelled flooded? and I was checking out another saw anyway. Day 2 I finally got it running after 30-40 pulls(closer to 40). Went from nothing to run so I just flipped the choke off. Seemed to bog a touch on the high end but for the most part, ran ok. Tried on different sized wood up to 12" or so.
Any thoughts on the starting issue would be appreciated. I am really glad to have this saw back and want to see it running well.

Well for starters, merry merry, happy happy. I thought I'd bring things current with this saw. New carb. finally came in, replaced air, plug, vent line. They told me at shop that it was taking 7-10 pulls to get her started but that's how the beast works in this case. Gave it a shot and day 1, couldn't get it started. Pulled probably 20x or so and gave up because it smelled flooded? and I was checking out another saw anyway. Day 2 I finally got it running after 30-40 pulls(closer to 40). Went from nothing to run so I just flipped the choke off. Seemed to bog a touch on the high end but for the most part, ran ok. Tried on different sized wood up to 12" or so.
Any thoughts on the starting issue would be appreciated. I am really glad to have this saw back and want to see it running well.
check compression maybe the piston rings can be a problem at starting

Some replacement air filters are lacking the rubber/neoprene washer/grommet that make the seal with the choke "finger" that covers the carburator intake when the choke is engaged.
If that grommet is not in place the choke will be very ineffective and give the symptoms you are having.

My numerous 011's and 012 have typically all started from cold as follows; throttle trigger on start position, choke on, approx 5 pulls until you get a "fire", choke off, 1-2 pulls and it starts, let saw come up to speed, release start position on throttle, and warm up saw with a few blips of the throttle (not full), then it will idle without any issues.

Back