• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 020T w/12” bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to all the fanbois I know, there's no such thing as a Stihl mechanic because they run forever.
That is usually true, except for the instances when either Farmer Bob (the King of Self-Tapping Screws and Other Such Fixes), Mr. “What’s an air filter?”, and Mr. “My blade can get dull?” get ahold of them. Those people are Stihl’s kryptonite.

That is usually true, except for the instances when either Farmer Bob (the King of Self-Tapping Screws and Other Such Fixes), Mr. “What’s an air filter?”, and Mr. “My blade can get dull?” get ahold of them. Those people are Stihl’s kryptonite.
Meh, I repair the same **** on creamcicles as I do the other flavors.

So it's not usually true :innocent: .
:rolleyes: Sadly, I've more Stihls with sh*tty repairs than I have Huskies. Self tappers, aluminum strap, and electrical tape are all my 048 was made of. I had about 10 self-tapping screws, a handful of stripped screws and 6-8 feet of tape left over after I redid it, and I should probably go through it again now that I know what I'm doing.

:rolleyes: Sadly, I've more Stihls with sh*tty repairs than I have Huskies. Self tappers, aluminum strap, and electrical tape are all my 048 was made of. I had about 10 self-tapping screws, a handful of stripped screws and 6-8 feet of tape left over after I redid it, and I should probably go through it again now that I know what I'm doing.
Point being, they needed repaired.

Yes, but they were repaired. I've seen many tote bins of abandoned, broken Huskies but only a few handfuls of abandoned Stihls.
The Stihl dealer closest to home has two semi trailers parked next to the building with nothing but broken creamcisles inside. I once hauled home two pallet boxes of Husky carcasses from a Husky dealer. It all depends on where you frequent.

That said, I'd be up for a box of some of these piles of dead Husky saws...

The Stihl dealer closest to home has two semi trailers parked next to the building with nothing but broken creamcisles inside. I once hauled home two pallet boxes of Husky carcasses from a Husky dealer. It all depends on where you frequent.

That said, I'd be up for a box of some of these piles of dead Husky saws...
I would've too, but the guy moved out of state while I was incapable of driving after my initial hospital stay and the saws got dispersed.

Back