Stihl 024 Service Manual

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have joined the forum after many months following as I picked up a Stihl 024 avs at the tip (dump) last week.
I feel a bit sorry for the bloke who tossed it as all It needs is a new impulse line and a good cleanup!
Anyhow I was just wondering if anyone has had a go at making up their own kill switch cables, and if so how well did they last? Also did the 024 come with a guide bar plate, the online parts diagrams don’t show one?
And if Mr Benson is following, could I please request a copy of the 024 shop manual.
Cheers

Have joined the forum after many months following as I picked up a Stihl 024 avs at the tip (dump) last week.
I feel a bit sorry for the bloke who tossed it as all It needs is a new impulse line and a good cleanup!
Anyhow I was just wondering if anyone has had a go at making up their own kill switch cables, and if so how well did they last? Also did the 024 come with a guide bar plate, the online parts diagrams don’t show one?
And if Mr Benson is following, could I please request a copy of the 024 shop manual.
Cheers
Check your inbox

Hi Ray, I just pulled a complete 024 WB AVE out of a dumpster yesterday afternoon, can I get a copy of the service manual as well please and any other literature you may have on the 024 too, maybe a parts manual? Thank you. JL

Ok need the 024 service manual as well. Just picked up what I think is an early 80’s model. Very close to 1st generation and going to tear it all the way down and rebuilt - except splitting the case if he lower end looks good. Thanks in advance!

Back