Stihl 024AV chainsaw coil?????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goosemaster

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what coil goes on a Stihl 024av chainsaw? How many coils were used for that saw? Thanks in advance to any replies.

Like @pioneerguy600 said takes the "universal coil", that coil came on many stihls, should be able to good used cheap.

The HV lead may have different lengths. I'd get good used rather than a new Chi-Com......
I swap them back and forth between the 024, 024S and 026 with no problems , HT is fine but if it comes from another model yes the lead may be shorter or longer depending. Good news is the wire will just unscrew and can be interchanged between coils, a dab of sealer is a good bit of insurance against moisture getting in. Have seen quite a few around these parts where the small threaded spike down in the coil hole the wire screws onto has been rusted badly, RTV works well enough, I use Hylomar because I have it on hand.

I swap them back and forth between the 024, 024S and 026 with no problems , HT is fine but if it comes from another model yes the lead may be shorter or longer depending. Good news is the wire will just unscrew and can be interchanged between coils, a dab of sealer is a good bit of insurance against moisture getting in. Have seen quite a few around these parts where the small threaded spike down in the coil hole the wire screws onto has been rusted badly, RTV works well enough, I use Hylomar because I have it on hand.
I've got maybe a dozen of those coils extra, most not tested as from/on parts carcasses......024 026 028 038 ....... I'd bet most still work.

You can check IPLs for HT lead lengths if different saws, and you're right on same family being donors with no need to check lengths.

If I need to snip them, I do coil end as I hate putting plug boots back on. First time sucked......

I've got maybe a dozen of those coils extra, most not tested as from/on parts carcasses......024 026 028 038 ....... I'd bet most still work.

You can check IPLs for HT lead lengths if different saws, and you're right on same family being donors with no need to check lengths.

If I need to snip them, I do coil end as I hate putting plug boots back on. First time sucked......
Harley tells me he sells a lot of the coils off 029 and MS290 saws, they work good for replacements but leads may have to be trimmed depending on application.

I got the 0000 400 1300 coil and it won't bolt up on this saw. It don't have anyway to show it's a 024. Somebody has 024 wrote on the top. I'm attaching a picture of the coil that came off of so maybe some of you Stihl professionals can tell me what I got and which coil I need. Thanks for the replies.

Maybe someone can tell meet what coil I need. Thanks everyone.

Attachments

• 20211217_143243.jpg
    20211217_143243.jpg
    802.8 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Back