Stihl 024's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20230124_181128.jpg

I think this is the Conrod in question. This particular saw is a red lever, has an open port cylinder, front adjuster and a plastic clutch cover. I'm thinking it's a wood boss. I haven't tried to put a date on it just yet though.
I know the 034 WB got a similar treatment starting in the early 90's with the open port jug, plastic cover and front adjuster. I had one of those in the shop not too long ago.

Is this one of the old wood boss models? I remember them coming thru the bench. Short time span. I think it was a cost cutting measure until the 026 arrived. Finger ports and loose needles on the lower rod bearing. Can't say I saw failures, but definitely not a candidate for a rebuild .

Is this one of the old wood boss models? I remember them coming thru the bench. Short time span. I think it was a cost cutting measure until the 026 arrived. Finger ports and loose needles on the lower rod bearing. Can't say I saw failures, but definitely not a candidate for a rebuild .

I need to pull the serial number off of it, but, it sure looks like it is one, open port jug, plastic clutch cover.

Just throwing this in the mix:

I've got an 024 with the Stihl hedge trimmer attachment. It dates to the late 1980's.

I'm not sure what is changed to accept this attachment. I don't believe the hedge trimmer attachment fits on the 026, but it may.
me too, got a new one with some parts, I bet they will really trim well!

Just throwing this in the mix:

I've got an 024 with the Stihl hedge trimmer attachment. It dates to the late 1980's.

I'm not sure what is changed to accept this attachment. I don't believe the hedge trimmer attachment fits on the 026, but it may.

Ive got one of those attachments- still in the original box- it was to fit an 020AV (least that is what it came with) think the instruction booklet is in the box as well.

Latest posts

Back