stihl 025 (stingy oiler issues)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chainsawchap

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Is it true back when the epa was cracking down on chainsaws and how harfull they are to the ozone layer they made this saw use limited amount of bar oil. I was told you can take a drill bit and modifie the plastic piece to the oiler. Also you can drill out larger hole in the bar were oil disperses. Has anyone had problems with the stihl 025 being stingy on bar oil or mabey I put the saw together not right.

I like a chain that is clean and sharp not gummed up with pulp wood saw dust burnt ect not sure what to call it.

happy new year to all keep them saws ripping :chainsaw::barbecue:chainsaw chap here

My 025 i bought used oils great.
I expect you clean the bar groove and oil hole in the bar now and then ?
I believe they made a higher and lower output pump. Might check into it and get the higher version if thats right. Thinner oil in cold weather and of course a very sharp chain requires less oil. I don't think drilling the holes bigger should be needed unless some how they don't quite line up or were smaller to start with then normal.

Back