• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 026

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BothBarrels

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Powerhead only. 026 black switch in great running order. A little bit ugly. Has some scuffs where a guy decided to carve his name into the saw, I sanded that off. I went through the carb and blew out the filter. Has a 325 sprocket on it. Has been running excellent. Oils like crazy. I have another 026 and just bought a 346 so just don't need 3 50ccs laying around. $200+30 for shipping to the lower 48.

I can email a video of it running and revving.

Attachments

• 20210820_164027.jpg
    20210820_164027.jpg
    8.3 MB · Views: 67
  • 20210820_164034.jpg
    20210820_164034.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 65
Is the filter cover on crooked or is there a little tweak somewhere in the AV?
None of the av bushings are torn, but I really have no idea. Other than taking carbs apart, I've never gone deeper on a stihl saw. I just priced the av mount rebuild kit for 14 bucks. If someone would like to wheel and deal, be my guest. I just want the saw gone.

Tons of airfilter covers on these saws sit a little crooked like this one. Kinda a common thing with these saws. No big deal.

I think @cuinrearview had a valid question to you Both Barrels. When you had a bottom view pic of saw it was quite relevant. Why did you remove that pic from this listing?? Honesty, and full disclosure most always net good results. Thx. TLG

I think @cuinrearview had a valid question to you Both Barrels. When you had a bottom view pic of saw it was quite relevant. Why did you remove that pic from this listing?? Honesty, and full disclosure most always net good results. Thx. TLG
There was never a bottom view picture in the listing. And I answered the question to the best of my ability.

Tons of airfilter covers on these saws sit a little crooked like this one. Kinda a common thing with these saws. No big deal.
At some point the tank vents are different and rear covers are slightly different but still work. It’s just irritating. I’ve had 4 or 5 of these. They were very slight change at some point

Yes the bottom of the saw picture definitely shows the AV pulled. I do stand by my statement of filter covers looking crooked is a common thing with this series of saw. I have owned a good amount of them that were but had no AV issues like this one.

So am I asking too much? I thought the price was cheap. Av kit is 14 bucks
Just take the front passenger side mount off, clean the oil off of it and reinstall if not wore or tore. As far as too much,,,well that depends on the buyer. My $5.00-$50.00 45-54cc Poulans with run with and surpass it and every bit as reliable. Is it worth the amount your asking for it? Yes to the right buyer which is probably not on this site.

Just take the front passenger side mount off, clean the oil off of it and reinstall if not wore or tore. As far as too much,,,well that depends on the buyer. My $5.00-$50.00 45-54cc Poulans with run with and surpass it and every bit as reliable. Is it worth the amount your asking for it? Yes to the right buyer which is probably not on this site.
Thanks for being so... Helpful.

You were right twice. It went back together right. My other 026 had the same issue and I just thought it was correct. But covers still don't match. Oh well. Saw is pending.

Attachments

• 20210824_093817.jpg
    20210824_093817.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
  • 20210824_093912.jpg
    20210824_093912.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
Back