Stihl 029 replacement carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a good lesson for all folks who like their equipment. Stihl has deals you gotta work the system to get the parts you need to maintain your equipment.

In Ohio the carb is $33
In NC it's $43, in fact I talked to three places got two different prices. $53 on the other. I think some dealers don't do much business and they use old catalogs when quoting prices. I feel that's what happened on the 53

Here forward i will use what I learned and turn to the internet last for pricing. I would pay 40 for OEM for something as important as a carb to my saw and china will starve.

That was helpful

"Sorry,
I was brought up bad..........."

Naw

Yeah, a few years back, Stihl made a huge cut on a lot of their carb prices, probably because they bought Zama, and all
of the trouble with the crap gas.
But many dealers didn't pass it on to the customer, but kept charging the old high price, and pocketing the difference.

filters and carbs are worthy oem items. careful with chains too. i am glad they knocked the carbs down maybe they will look at filters next $22 is proud money. i did not know about zama. i have had a few of those and they were all good. the one dealer from the next on pricing was a surprise. i thought prices was all set, not what market would bear like when they dont pass savings on.

all good now

I look worse and worse but admitting it might help somebody. I can walk into a Stihl dealer and buy my 029 oem carb right now. Less than $34.

I love stihl

Back