Stihl 034 AV SUPER Vs. Stihl MS 362

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, Stihl definitely got that stolen design right.

Stolen, nah merely improved upon an exsisting ideas format and then apperantly they forgot about it. More of a,

Hey Husqvarna here is how well your saw could perform if you could build one without air leaks, broken castings and crappy Walbros.

Now Husqvarna gets to say,

Hey Stihl do remember when you made a quality market competetive sub 70cc saw? Yeah, that was a awhile ago, huh. Oh, well maybe you should buy Echo and get some good engineers that understand making the new products bigger, heavier with the same or less power is the death nail of marketing 2 cycle products. Seriously you guys could have called it the MS 381, opps we forgot you still make that. Oh well, at least the Harley owners will buy them.

I have seen the Stihl MS 311, does anyone have an opinion about that model?

Do you have a Husqvarna dealer near you? If not Husqvarna then an Echo or even a Dolmar dealer? Not trying to be rude but Stihl's most current models in that size are the definition of market medicocrity. They are step backwards compared to the other brands.

The 311 is overpriced and an under-performer compared to other saws.

Last edited:
I own and run the snot out of an 034S. Have also done a lot of running of the 036 and 361, not the 362. There's just something special about the 034S saws. They seem to have more grunt and snort than the others. I started a thread about that several weeks ago inquiring about others' experiences with the 034S, and got a lot of positive feedback to verify that my 034S wasn't unique. And you know what? I like how it handles compared with the other saws I mentioned.

But if the difference between the saws you mentioned is only $200, that's just sick and wrong. I got my 034S in gorgeous used condition for $250.

Last edited:
Back