Stihl 034 Tillotson HK43B Carb kit??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FernGreen

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm trying to find a carb rebuild kit for my 034 that's equipped with the tillotson hk43b carburetor. I found that the carb requires kit part # RK-33HK but all i can find is kit part # RK-32HK. Randysenginerepair lists the rk-32hk kit as the same as the rk-33hk: randysenginerepair link
Does this sound right?

There are sometimes that I feel that Stihl is trying the best it can to kill the 034 AV. Orignal carb no longer available, an 036 air filter that fails to ft the 034, and a replacement carb that does not work werk well with the original air filter. What's next? Does anyone have the repair solution?

Crap I had no idea the replacement filters didn’t fit

There are sometimes that I feel that Stihl is trying the best it can to kill the 034 AV. Orignal carb no longer available, an 036 air filter that fails to ft the 034, and a replacement carb that does not work werk well with the original air filter. What's next? Does anyone have the repair solution?

Tillotson makes a replacement carb that’s supposed to fit the 034 that has something hanging off the bottom of It which looks like an air port that’s not on the hk43b. Is that the one you’re referring to?

They have been known to warp.
View attachment 852442

Ohhh thank you for the photo I tried searching the part number and nothing available came up so I wasn’t sure what you were referring to. I see you’re little fuel line trick there. I broke my plastic elbow too. I ended up taking that steel inlet out and I have a walbro part coming that I’m hoping will fit.
d6c1a7ae92dbe684290b45954487f56d.jpg

It's not my saw, just a stock pic found using the search function.
When you have the carb apart check the module is square (flat).....Replacements are getting hard to find.

Thank you! I’ll inspect It when I’m taking It apart. So far I haven’t been able to locate a module so I really hope it’s still square or I’m screwed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve got quite a few of the HK43b’s here. Really don’t see much advantage over the Zama’s on the 036. Performance wise, they have been around the same.

The tilly X-Change carbs on eBay are just relabeled China AM Zama’s at a higher price. Stay away.

Tillotson makes a replacement carb that’s supposed to fit the 034 that has something hanging off the bottom of It which looks like an air port that’s not on the hk43b. Is that the one you’re referring to?
Yes. That port is supposed to lead into the air filter but the filter for that carb is too big for the 034. So, that port will remain open if the original 034 filter us used. The carb will fit, but the filter that accompanies it will not. I'm not sure what the long-term effects of leaving that port open are. It kind of gives me the creeps because the metering diaphragm is right above it.

Yes. That port is supposed to lead into the air filter but the filter for that carb is too big for the 034. So, that port will remain open if the original 034 filter us used. The carb will fit, but the filter that accompanies it will not. I'm not sure what the long-term effects of leaving that port open are. It kind of gives me the creeps because the metering diaphragm is right above it.

So I did some digging on this topic of the 036 filter fitment issues. It seems the solution is to swap out the tank vent to a more universal vent style which allows the 036 filter to mate up to the carb.
462d37189baf8a008a98bd6e427ac0b3.jpg

https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/stihl-034-air-filter.312443/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back