• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl 036 Pro Air Filter Cover

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How570

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I Purhased A stihl 036 That Was A Non Runner To Fix Up To Add To my collection The Saw Came Without An Airfilter ( It Needs One Compatible With The Air Compensator On Bottom,I Got The Saw Up And Runnning And Got An Air Filter But Now The Air Filter Cover Does Not Fit Right Since I Installed The Air Filter ,I Assume Someone Changed The Carb At One Time To A Compensated Carb And The Old Filter Didnt Fit So They Just Put The Cover On ,Has Any One Ran Into This And What Cover Do I Need

I Purhased A stihl 036 That Was A Non Runner To Fix Up To Add To my collection The Saw Came Without An Airfilter ( It Needs One Compatible With The Air Compensator On Bottom,I Got The Saw Up And Runnning And Got An Air Filter But Now The Air Filter Cover Does Not Fit Right Since I Installed The Air Filter ,I Assume Someone Changed The Carb At One Time To A Compensated Carb And The Old Filter Didnt Fit So They Just Put The Cover On ,Has Any One Ran Into This And What Cover Do I Need
You fell in the 034/036/360 pit.

Seriously just buy a cheap filter and filter cover for the 360/360P and move on. Finding a good stock one might take some time and will likely cost the same used once it's shipped maybe more.

034, 034S take one style filter and cover.
034/360 take a different style filter and cover.
034 no decomp is grey area and I have one of those also. My no decomp is a flat top 036 with no decomp button so the top cover is plugged off for the decomp button from the factory. The 360P is your bubble top with a decomp button. The 034P's I've seen have a compensated carb, flat top and a decomp button. It's just updates to bigger better filters on the air box end. The newest hood or top cover will fit them all to some extent. The 034 filter cover and top hood cover only fit 034 or 034S without mods to the plastics. 036 is slightly different. They will not work on 036/360/360 bubble top models.

Clear as mud I'm sure.
GL!

The good news is the filter and cover from the bubble top newer version will fit your saw but not an 034 or early 036 flat top no decomp plastics. They hook up different and have no carb compensation port.

I appreciate All Your Help,Is The Air Filter For The Carb With The Compensator Higher Than The One Without
Not likely but it depends on who, what, where and maybe when.

Going to the newest cheapest plastics and filter will be fine.
K.I.S.S. and replacements will be available.
Hope that helps.
I got nothing to offer you, sorry.

Back