Stihl 038 mag 11 coil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats the stihl universal coil, fits many saws in their lineup
of pro& homeowner models
But it not a stihl coil, it's a bona fide chi-com one.

I've got several 038 carcasses if that happens to my 038 runners (038M and 038S---->038M conversions). I'd put in a used German one, before supporting the chi-coms.

My advice to 038 owners is to collect a few dead saws for free/cheap. Then just buy critical stuff new that's not good salvage parts (hoses rubber stuff/carb kits/gasket kit/filters). I have a spare Italian Tecomec P/C set, NOS Mahle 038S P/C kit, and a NOS OEM 52mm piston kit, along with the stuff just mentioned as spares. I should get the oil pump o-rings/seals. I'd use aftermarket AV buffers and plastic, but I have used OEM.

Anyone
Kash
All the pro saws from the 024 on up to the 066 use the same 0000 400 1300 coil. It is often called the generic or all around good unlimited coil . Seems if it can fit in and be bolted down it will work, the 029 also uses the 1300 coil. I could go completely through the Media Cat system and look but that many donor saws covers the majority of them.

@KASH. This is what my buddy put on a 044. He's cheap. Put it on and gapped it and the saw has been running fine. Just a FYI if it helps.
View attachment 1038377
I happen to know of several fellows that are running those very same modules in chainsaws and demolition cut off saws with no issue so far.

Back