STIHL 038 - Tillotson HK-29a - please help!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its critical to get the fuel metering correct at the needle and seat and spring holding pressure when rebuilding the carb and diaphragm engaged .one screw up here and its bananas set that high speed 3/4 out and low speed the same,make sure you make or replace gasket with factory style gaskets next to impulse side of the cylinder and carb ,these leather punch pliers are the cat ass for making gaskets harbor freight
It's very rare I have needed to adjust the needle and seat putting in the kits. I take a good look at them to see their open when the lever is level and don't recall more then maybe 1 in 25 look as needing additional adjustment there.

I have had both the ready made Farmertec 038 and a kit custom (parts selected from all around the world). Carburetor was never a problem.

"I did get a few sputters and fires but mostly it was heavily flooded."
- make sure the large rubber tube on the right side properly fit in to the nipple on the air filter when you mount the filter to the carburettor.

Sounds ridicilous I know... this saw does not need a primer bulb!

My replica needs two or 3 pulls with the choke, then it starts no matter what - or how long since being used.

Latest posts

Back