Stihl 038av no start, no presure gasoline in the tank.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the Stihl part the only option? Does another manufacturer make an equivalent part? Echo?

@Jeffery F. what did you use?
It's been a while as I have a bunch saved. I think they were Homelite duckbills. I used tygon line with duckbill and sealsall around OEM fuel line into tank. I pulled carb line out a little sprayed carb cleaner, blew it off dried it them mushed some seals all around the bottom of shoulder and pulled it back down from inside tank. Let it set over night. Now it starts eveytime where as before I always had to squirt some gas on filter for it to pop off.
Seals all on both fuel lines.

Attachments

• 0ACD4D10-238B-4E96-9423-B5818E114F97.png
    0ACD4D10-238B-4E96-9423-B5818E114F97.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
When you have tried to start it, pull the sparkplug and check if its flooded. Just my two cents if I had any...

Those type of vents have worked fine for 40+ years in Stihl saws. Properly installed they are cheap to fix/replace and effective.

The screws should be pushed, NOT SCREWED into the tubing. The tube vents along the grooves in the screws which are not threaded into the tubing.

I've have several 038 saws. I've only had to work on the vents twice in 30 years. One of the saws I got for free, was filthy, and the tubing needed to be cleaned inside. On another the 30+ year old tubing began to disintegrate and had to be replaced.
I just replaced the tubing on one as I suspected Not enough venting was getting done the tube was hard and I split the old one, you could feel the threads in it. It has worked well for the 12 years I have had it (025) until this but a new tube seams to remedied the problem as did loosening the cap helped trouble shoot the problem.

Back