Stihl 041 carb problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Ray

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Have an 041 farm boss I recently bought was boging in the wood, figured carb issues, when taking impulse line loose at carb the inlet/barb came out as someone had used too small of a line and had set up hard as a rock. My question is do I need to put locktite on inlet when I put it back in? also after getting line off barb found it was plugged as was the screen in the carb.Thanks in advance

I’d sure put a small amount of red loctite or JB Weld on it & drive it home. Index or clock it to the right direction before it sets up.

Run a pipe cleaner through it, & be sure not to get any in the tube end.

Sttart from the fuel filter and go up. Known fow ancient fuel filters disintegrating. in tank line leaking, and carb fllled up with junk from those areas. Remember, Quit making this model in early 80s.

yes its old but in good shape even though it was used a lot, I won't use it as a main saw just got the bug a year or so for old saws (18 now) and I don't mind and enjoy working on them, as I can start or stop at will. . It surprized me when it bogged in the cut as it ran perfect out of the wood but the bar was buried in a white oak log. and thanks for the reply have a great Christmas.

Back