stihl 041: need help with ignition system or for sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boardrider036

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a stihl 041 with SEM ignition system. I am looking for a coil and stator for it.
Judging by my searches so far I do not think I will ever find one worth buying so the saw is for sale.
If you know where to get these parts or have them for sale, or if youd like to buy the saw let me know, I would rather fix it and keep it.
The saw ran perfect a few days ago, what I think happened is one of the magnets broke and went to work breaking the rest of the ignition system?
IMG_0706.JPG

IMG_0708.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0707.JPG
    IMG_0707.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0709.JPG
    IMG_0709.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0710.JPG
    IMG_0710.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 9
Confused...but probably me.

Do you mean that you need a rotor (flywheel), as one of the four magnets came loose, reeked havoc, & it can’t be reattached?

The SEM GE stator with black trigger module is what your coil was bolted to. It appears to be fine, minus a coil.

The coil is 1110 404 3210 & occasionally come up for sale on fleabay if you watch for one.

I was just using the names provided by the stihl shop manual.
but yeah a piece of the magnet from the rotor/flywheel broke off it looks like, or was broken in the process. The stator is more than likely ok, so probably just need a rotor/flywheel and ignition coil. looks like rotors/flywheels can be found cheap so I guees what im really looking for is the ignition coil, which is proving hard to find for the SEM system. one option i cant figure out is if its possible to convert this system to a bosch points system.

I am in the same shoes as you.Low hour 041 SEM ignition.Every saw I have owned with SEM ignition has gone bad.Did they not test nthese ignition components before they installed them in saws?
Kash

Yes they easily can, the cam lobe for points operation is on the flywheel hub.

I’d be patient & a 3210 coil or whole SEM GE stator assembly will come up for sale.

I have a parts saw at home that might have what you need. But i won't be able to check for about 12 hours.I haven't even taken the recoil off it yet as i needed parts from the other side for my rebuild a while ago. Want me to look for you?

Latest posts

Back