• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl 042AV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one also, not that nice , but i had it working good probably 5 to 8 years ago. Biggest reason i didn't keep using it was it had a heli coil in poor condition. May of had a couple or more minor issues. Then it sat and last time i tried to start it may be a couple years ago it wouldn't run so probably needs carb work also. I,d let it go $125 + the ride. Have another with a bad piston and maybe a parts 1 beside. Pretty sure i bought an 048 long block to do a swap many years ago,,never got around to. Might consider selling the whole lot if it didn't get to complicated .

I have this one I'd let go. I had posted it for sale back in the summer along with my 048s. Can't seem to find the thread searching with my phone. It is missing the kill switch wire.20200912_150759.jpg20200912_150817.jpg20200912_150808.jpg20200912_150707.jpg

I have one also, not that nice , but i had it working good probably 5 to 8 years ago. Biggest reason i didn't keep using it was it had a heli coil in poor condition. May of had a couple or more minor issues. Then it sat and last time i tried to start it may be a couple years ago it wouldn't run so probably needs carb work also. I,d let it go $125 + the ride. Have another with a bad piston and maybe a parts 1 beside. Pretty sure i bought an 048 long block to do a swap many years ago,,never got around to. Might consider selling the whole lot if it didn't get to complicated .
Do you have a good coil??? Im in need!

Do you have a good coil??? Im in need!
If you don't find 1 soon I can do some digging when i can squeeze the time. I remember 2 complete 042's I i believe worth fixing so I didn't want to part them, I had an 048 top end and some other parts also I bought here and there i was going to use to turn the 1st 1 into an 048 . Can't remember all I had without searching through some of my older stash.

If you don't find 1 soon I can do some digging when i can squeeze the time. I remember 2 complete 042's I i believe worth fixing so I didn't want to part them, I had an 048 top end and some other parts also I bought here and there i was going to use to turn the 1st 1 into an 048 . Can't remember all I had without searching through some of my older stash.
Hey yes bushwhacker I’m looking their like $200 Canadian off eBay. Picture below 042AV

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 3

Latest posts

Back