Stihl 044 not turning over

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how is the crankshaft removed then?
I've taken almost one every thing apart but can't split the case and pull the cylinder

In my opinion, you are in over your head. Much of this is quite simple and straight forward. And if you are not very experienced then with some patience and diligent thought can figure it out without much effort. Your questions tell me you should find someone close by that has the mechanical skills and experience to help you out. Just saying...

Thanks, it seems you're right. I sold a good saw for this to get more power for cutting Oaks but was deceived and now will have to purchase yet another saw. I don't have the knowledge time or money to [risk] investing in this saw further for now. Will likely just part it out
I now have to decide on either a Husqvarna/Tomos 65 or a 038 magnum unless something else in good shape comes up as I need to get back to work.
Any suggestions or advice as to what to check or pros and cons of either will help greatly.

Thanks, it seems you're right. I sold a good saw for this to get more power for cutting Oaks but was deceived and now will have to purchase yet another saw. I don't have the knowledge time or money to [risk] investing in this saw further for now. Will likely just part it out
I now have to decide on either a Husqvarna/Tomos 65 or a 038 magnum unless something else in good shape comes up as I need to get back to work.
Any suggestions or advice as to what to check or pros and cons of either will help greatly.
Yes buy a new or lightly used Stihl.

I don't have the money for it lone wolf.
Seems the 6is my best option due to a mechanic rebuilding it and selling it

Set it aside and work on it as time allows. It is not difficult, and I'll emphasize finding a neighbor that can help you. I have to often help neighbors that have problems that they are at wits end to solve. Recently I had to reset a circuit breaker because my neighbors table saw wasn't working. I mean really, it can be that simple, but if you don't know then it seems impossible. Ask for help from someone that can put their hands and eyes on the saw.

Set it aside and work on it as time allows. It is not difficult, and I'll emphasize finding a neighbor that can help you. I have to often help neighbors that have problems that they are at wits end to solve. Recently I had to reset a circuit breaker because my neighbors table saw wasn't working. I mean really, it can be that simple, but if you don't know then it seems impossible. Ask for help from someone that can put their hands and eyes on the saw.
Fair enough. I am in over my head with just learning the language here as it is. I will try this.
Does anyone know anything about the L65 Husqvarna? Love rpm, high torque, high vibration...I read somewhere there were overheating problems?

This website has a lot of info on building and maintaining your saw, use Google search and target your specific model and what operation you are attempting. There's also a thread where you can request the shop manual for your saw.

Latest posts

Back