Stihl 044 serial number id

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihlhard@it

Reaction score
can someone help me out with I'd of my stihl 044 saws so I tell what year and whether they are 10 or 12mm pins. The mote info I can get from the serial numbers the better

I have noticed a few differences between the saws but hoping they are both 10mm. Is there other performance differences between my 2 saws?

Thanks guy. Happy sawing!!

Great. Thanks for the info guys. I will just assume for now that I have the 10mm version.

Any ideas on any other performance differences between my 2 saws? They have some differences cosmetically from the outside

The earlier model pulls like a train. I love it. Other saws runs ok but I suspect it has crook crank seals as it is very inconsistent especially after its ran for a few minutes

They are both great saws. I can't really tell any difference in the two with all else being equal.
I wouldn't run the saw until you fix the problem. If it's sucking air, it will run lean on fuel and you could cook the piston

Thanks mate

I'm in the process of pulling the saw down now. I have a vac/pressure system at work that I made to leak test sterile air filters after they are replaced. I am going to borrow it for the weekend and give it a try on the saw

New to the site but I was wondering if someone could look up a serial number the guy thinks it’s a 044 serial#141629569 guy next to the lot I’m clearing wanted a couple buckets of dirt so we traded and was wondering if the saw was a contender for the big bore kit the guy run straight gas in it so it dosent run I think I got the better of the trade either way any help would be helpful

Hello, I have a question about wristpin size. Saw serial number is:
fins are slanted on the top of the cylinder, stop switch is black. Thank you for the info.

Back