Stihl 045 / 056 impulse lines

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I highly recommend anyone doing impulse lines on these saws to buy the 039 impulse

These things are much too large and hard to fit through the hole in which they seat in and I ended up damaging the impulse line, once about 6 months ago and then again today. They are designed to be installed backwards into their hole which is already incredibly tight and requires excessive force. Then, they expect you to somehow, with literally no space, install it onto the barb on the crank case. It’s a poor design honestly. The 039 hose can be fitted the other way, fit on the barb first so you have nothing in your way, then gently pull it through until it pops into the seat.

Just so happens I had a spare impulse for the 039 and they are almost identical however the 039 has a slightly smaller cylindrical end which is way nicer to pull through into its seat. It’s also slightly longer giving you more room to fit the other end onto the barb. Thickness of tube and hole dia are identical.

left is 039 right is 056. Trust me on this one, use the 039 line3FB8DC02-EDFB-46F5-B0E4-FD03FABEB509.jpeg6439E628-CC5D-4937-87AE-A3B84C91BEF4.jpeg

Back