Stihl 045 Av electric.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigdave_185

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just browsing for some help here and there. Lurked in the background from time to time

Got the pull cord needed to finally jerk some life back into an old 045 I picked up out of father in laws trash pile.

37b9fc1855c4051922ad01e8c43fd099.jpg

First cover I got shipped was wrong
6661432233749f3cdc5cce1fbc9ae436.jpg

b0ce0a7f149aa3c3cb2d54364ff6b451.jpg

Well of course these two don’t add up

Got the correct part delivered and got her buttoned up with some new stihl hardware!

She has great comprehension, sounds awesome for not enough fuel.

Set out to Pull the Carb and clean that up a touch. The gutz are so gummed up I have left it in the solvent tank all night
But here she sits now
a3bd318b7f140f47467764d683f40153.jpg

Oh I don’t have an accurate photo. Will add.

Iv got two questions. Anyone direct me to which bolt is hiding for the top cover to be removed? It loose but for the love I can’t see the one I am missing?

Second anyone have a source for fuel line for this older saw?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next up

I have to admit. The damn trigger has popped out of place before I got a good look at it for re assembly. Now I can get the darn thing back. Alcohol may have been to blame lol

Any help of the trigger and spring orientation ?

Well I figured out the throttle with a fresh set of eyes, she runs great with a new carb kit and fresh fuel. Now to order a bar and some blade

What size bar is suggested I run. I es thinking a 24”

I like the 045 with 24-25 but 28in isn't to much. Back in the late 70's- 1980's that's what most the loggers I saw ran then transitioned to the 056's. They were cutting mostly white oak and other oaks.. I think most of them used .404 chain.

I have found working on stuff has gotten easier since I stopped drinking....

I also don't piss off as many A.S. members....

Get a little fight in ya when ya add the sauce to the mix? Lol I turn into a Facebook troll pretty hard when I am but for the most part it’s all comedy to me.

Missed a prime chance to run my saw this week, instead I got stuck in a dump truck

635944f4fbc10e2dc1945eac861d527c.jpg

9ff6602f9ef2d0d91c032104edeb53e8.jpg

We had three miles of road to cut in, some smaller trees but also some good 10+” trees to have a good stretch on that motor for test run. But had to haul in pit run for the road. Amazing view this week!

Does the group have favorite websites recommended to order parts from? I want to get a bar ordered up

Suggestions welcome

Does the group have favorite websites recommended to order parts from? I want to get a bar ordered up

Suggestions welcome

Not a sponsor, but this company & bar works well for the 045s. Assuming you’ve got a standard 3/8” sprocket.

https://www.shopcomstocklogging.com...2-DRIVERS-MADE-IN-JAPAN-2LBS-10OZ_p_2013.html
or the longer & $$

https://www.shopcomstocklogging.com...4-DRIVERS-MADE-IN-JAPAN-2LBS-10OZ_p_2149.html
EDIT- I just checked & the 24” are out of stock, like a lot of places right now.

Latest posts

Back