• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 048 full wrap

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodslasher

Make McCulloch Great Again!
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I got this saw a few years ago and have gone through it top to bottom, but I've got too many saws so this one's gotta go. So far the good used parts I've installed are the fw side case half, the tank handle, the inner dog and the recoil (twice). The n.o.s. or new oem parts I've put on it are the clutch and flywheel side seals, the clutch, the crankcase and cylinder gaskets, the impulse hose, all the a/v bits, the wrap a/v mount, a new Proline fuel line, a new carb kit, a new outer dog I made, and a new Chainsawr $19.12 piston. It also comes with the old fuel tank, a cleaner top cover, a good used clutch (sans springs), the original dog, a good used recoil with a new spring that needs a new rope, a crankshaft with a buggered up con rod, two flocked filters halves missing the flocking in case you want to re-cover them, a n.o.s. 3/8 tip for the bar, some brake hardware, and some 048 specific screws. The wrap has some self-tapper holes, but none of them are structural. The handle was busted at the joint and a local welder said it would just break again if he welded it, so I stole a page out of Homelite's book and had a nut welded to the steel core on the support and ran a bolt through the wrap. It is a good, solid repair but it doesn't look that pretty. It has the rim sprocket kit on it and the clutch cover is solid and free of cracks, which is the hardest to find part in any condition. Initially I'd planned on fully restoring this in the near future (hence the extra parts), but this point I don't wanna touch it anymore, although I did confirm that it would run with mix down the carb. I'd like to get $400 + shipping for it, the parts, and the bar and chain, but I'm open to offers.
IMG_6177.jpegIMG_6178.jpegIMG_6179.jpegIMG_6180.jpegIMG_6181.jpegIMG_6182.jpegIMG_6183.jpegIMG_6196.jpegIMG_6197.jpegIMG_6198.jpeg

Latest posts

Back