Stihl 051 AV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

northga

Reaction score
I recently got a stihl 051 AV from my great uncle and the saw will crank up and run like a dream for a little bit until it gets good and hot then it will bog down and cut off. You can wait a while to let it cool off and it will crank right back up no problem and do the same thing, run great till it gets hot. I was able to find an ignition coil to replace the original one but that has not fixed the issue. Any thoughts on what else may be the problem?

I recently got a stihl 051 AV from my great uncle and the saw will crank up and run like a dream for a little bit until it gets good and hot then it will bog down and cut off. You can wait a while to let it cool off and it will crank right back up no problem and do the same thing, run great till it gets hot. I was able to find an ignition coil to replace the original one but that has not fixed the issue. Any thoughts on what else may be the problem?
somebody who actually knows will come along and give you the correct answer but I think that series had Bosch ignition module issues.

Latest posts

Back