stihl 056 magnum carb flooding?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juicecom

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
ive got my 056 running but after idling for a bit gas leaks out of the air filter and it dies. it also breaks up and stutters when revving. ive been messing with the metering lever and its already below the top of the carb but it stills seems like too much fuel

If the carb stihl leaks fuel out after you correctly reset it, then I’d pressure test it at 8 psig to see if the needle & seat leak. Should hold that pressure all day long.

It’s tough to hold the hose tip against the inlet hole on those carbs, and squeeze the tester pump at the same time. Best to get help from a second set of hands, lol.

May also be a symptom of having a worn out piston skirt on the intake side & you’re seeing it blowback at idle.

ive got my 056 running but after idling for a bit gas leaks out of the air filter and it dies. it also breaks up and stutters when revving. ive been messing with the metering lever and its already below the top of the carb but it stills seems like too much fuel

'Breaks up and stutters when revving' almost sounds like an ignition problem. Classic failure for these saws if it has the electronic coil. If points, then I'd say condenser.

'Breaks up and stutters when revving' almost sounds like an ignition problem. Classic failure for these saws if it has the electronic coil. If points, then I'd say condenser.
this is my first own saw so im inexperienced but its fixed now the carb was mainly the problem and a fouled plug from it running much too rich and i did the foggy fix on it

Latest posts

Back