Stihl 064 (1997) flywheel hunt/advice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, but what a deal. He could use the one and then have 3, yes count'em-3 spares. Plus, that's not all! If he acts now they come with a set of Ginsu knives. LOL
The only thing those things can be used for is paper weights and their not good for that task either. Old Ginsu knives that brings back memories. I looked on ebay and there is someone selling 12 sets for $50

Is this what you're looking for? Need a brand new Stihl piston/cylinder/wristpin and bearing/base gasket/exhaust gasket? I've got those too. Holy cow! I need to dig around in the bone yard more often!
According to my guess, the 1122 400 1201 is the correct flywheel he needs. @Long Bar 60 what part of Nor Cal are you in? I'm up by the Placerville/Auburn region.

According to my guess, the 1122 400 1201 is the correct flywheel he needs. @Long Bar 60 what part of Nor Cal are you in? I'm up by the Placerville/Auburn region.
Nirvana Silly, oops....Nevada City. I cut for Volcano Creek Logging out of Foresthill although I haven't worked this year due to an injury.

More pics
That looks suspiciously like the coils used in a lot of trimmers. I have had the problem where a suitable coil was not available, and fixed the problem by buying a replacement coil for a Tecumseh engine, removing the coil from the steel frame by gently hammering it off, and transferring the coil to the original steel frame from the engine with the faulty coil. I have done this a couple of times, to fix 2 cycle engines, (outboards) where coils were no longer available.
I have even ground down the older, larger, pole to get the replacement coil to fit. It worked, and revived an engine that I thought I was going to have to put in the corner.

Is this what you're looking for? Need a brand new Stihl piston/cylinder/wristpin and bearing/base gasket/exhaust gasket? I've got those too. Holy cow! I need to dig around in the bone yard more often!
If he gets that 1201 flywheel the universal coil will work, along with many used unlimited coils from a bunch of Stihls.....038...036.....028..........might need different length HT leads.

What ya asking for the P/C set?

If you’re looking to get rid of the p/c kit depending on how much you want for it I would be interested… let me know..

Wow! Just got back from my dealer. Both the 1201 flywheel and the 1122 020 1203 cylinder and piston appear to now be made of unobtanium. Stihl still lists the 1122 020 1203 and the 1201 flywheel (now a 1203) on their dealer website but they're showing "out of stock". He said that may mean that they will be back in stock but he said that he doubted that. Price tag (if available, which they're not)? 1122 020 1203 P/C- $395 and the 122 400 1201 Flywheel- $182. The P/C will include an 1122 029 2300 cylinder gasket, 9512 003 3281 needle cage (wrist pin bearing) and the exhaust gasket (no part number).

PM me your thoughts.

Wow! Just got back from my dealer. Both the 1201 flywheel and the 1122 020 1203 cylinder and piston appear to now be made of unobtanium. Stihl still lists the 1122 020 1203 and the 1201 flywheel (now a 1203) on their dealer website but they're showing "out of stock". He said that may mean that they will be back in stock but he said that he doubted that. Price tag (if available, which they're not)? 1122 020 1203 P/C- $395 and the 122 400 1201 Flywheel- $182. The P/C will include an 1122 029 2300 cylinder gasket, 9512 003 3281 needle cage (wrist pin bearing) and the exhaust gasket (no part number).

PM me your thoughts.

Back