• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 066 red eye coil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyle121990

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Looking to buy a coil for a 066 red light. I am wanting the one that'll make the red light work. Thanks
Kyle

Not really. Bolt up one leg on anything and test for spark.
This ain't rocket science Bill.

---
Sup Heath
Well I see an ole thread got revived from the dead. Back on September 13, 2016 when I typed the reply you just quoted I did not have a 066RL and although you say....This ain't rocket science Bill.......... It is a bit tough to just as you say....Bolt up one leg on anything and test for spark..... They don't just bolt right up when you have a **** ton of 090's and Contra's. At that point in time about the only saw that I had that you could "bolt it up to" was a 440 but it had just been stolen by my meth head neighbor while I was feeding cows .

Well I see an ole thread got revived from the dead. Back on September 13, 2016 when I typed the reply you just quoted I did not have a 066RL and although you say....This ain't rocket science Bill.......... It is a bit tough to just as you say....Bolt up one leg on anything and test for spark..... They don't just bolt right up when you have a **** ton of 090's and Contra's. At that point in time about the only saw that I had that you could "bolt it up to" was a 440 but it had just been stolen by my meth head neighbor while I was feeding cows .
Your making a mountain out of a mole hill. Simple piece of thin steel with a few holes in it and coil mount screw makes up a bracket to fit anything.

Are you ever going to Answer our PM about parts?...
Your standard answer "I'll check" didn't pan out. I know you're busy but waiting on you is an old age make in futility. Prove me wrong, please.
GLWS

Well first it is not possible to test a 066 module on a 090 but sobeit as that is long ago. You say ...........Are you ever going to answer our PM about parts?... I guess you have lost me. On September 18 you sent me a PM titled 'Big Stihl parts". The message verbatim was " I'll just leave this here" That is it nothing more. You followed with three pics that I could not make out. I did not reply as it did not warrant a reply since I figured you made a simple mistake and meant to send it to someone else as it made zero sense to me.

Latest posts

Back