Stihl 075 Complete Rebuild and Performance Mods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was a conversion to a more modern hybrid trigger module available after a certain serial number. Those saws had a different case that accommodated the required screw to mount the newer trigger, but would also still accept the donut version. The coil remained the same.

I'd pop that flywheel to see what's under it and go from there.

A little more rooting around shows the ignition module did eventually change part numbers to 1111-400-1305, but only for the 075. All the other 1111 saws changed to 1111-400-1303 which is actually still available -- for $190.49. 1118-400 1001 is the external trigger number and the common module used on many ignitions of the era. It comes up as NLA.

That goes on the clutch side, I believe it either replaces or is in addition to the clutch side cone.
Thanks. When I tore them down there was nothing like it, just a deteroriated rubber cone with it's metal pieces. I was wondering if it was a replacement for the cone, but it doesn't fit alone.

I'll get a pic later. On the two wrap around handle saws I tore down the AV bushing on the clutch side was a swollen, oil soaked mass of crap. Putting them back together with the two new conical guys, big ends facing each other, the oil from the chain oiler has easy access to the clutch side bushing. This flat guy just fits over the handle and press fits into the hole, outside the clutch side cone shaped one. It acts as a nice oil seal, not an AV component. Cool..... it appears to be an answer to an early problem on the wrap around handle setup. Photos coming..... have to dig out the camera. Next question, to run the compression release or not. I've heard the arguments about the release losing its seal in time. There are little washer inserts to renew the seal. I'm old enough that starting 075's is no longer fun, so I'll run the CR. One runs the Granberg Alaska Jr. mill, the other for felling. Third saw for the heck of it.

View attachment 937358Where on a wrap around handle 075AV does this go?? VS these conical shaped ones, which I know: View attachment 937359

The top part is the "sealing ring" part no. 1111 799 0500, and #38 on the IPL that I checked. This piece is only used on saws with the full wrap handle and they are quite difficult to find! If anyone has spares, please let me know. I need a few more.

In the bottom picture, the two brackets are connected. The piece on the right has the metal tube and it's used on all saws. The piece on the left is specific to full-wrap saws and it's the "handle tube bracket" part no. 1111 791 1907. Same as above - this piece is difficult to find and specific to saws with a full wrap. I need a few extras of these, too.

Back