Stihl 075 restoration

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcabinet1

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am working on restoring an 075av
the guy before put an aftermarket ignition module
which does work
i would like to get it back to original
the trigger that was on the saw ( wires cut) behind the flywheel is u shaped and has the numbers 1217280 160 which I am not use is the correct one
i see some of the 030 and 031 used them
first question is this correct for this saw
and how do I test it to make sure it was bad?
any help would be appreciated
Gary

I am tinkering with the same saw, did you ever get it to where you want? I see the wires snipped and am not sure the status of the unit but would gladly trade the unit for your aftermarket ignition.

Stihl ditched that trigger under the flywheel and sold a replacement module. It's what my 075 came to me with, the old trigger was long gone. The new modules are far more reliable. Mine is mounted on the upper AV case mount. I wouldn't dream of switching back to the old style. I don't recall the Stihl part#, but it comes up in discussion on this site from time to time.

s-l400.jpg

To clarify, my trigger unit is working. I imagine I have a points set under the flywheel for the OP if he wanted to trade but maybe I should leave it in there in case of an EMP someday :D

Back