• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihl 076 AV, Stihl 075 AV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
av8or3, you must know by now that David has sold many saws through this site. He may be working on one or more different projects as we type. Thought it worthwhile to ask. So the question - directed to David- stands- Is the 076 (or one like it) still available?

David is a great seller here and his saws do not last for sale long. I've bought a couple of 070's from him and been very happy.

I am going to ask a question that I know I can find some answers to using the search function but maybe some folks have discovered new info.

What is the difference between the 075, 076, 076super, and TS760 engine

The main 76 and 76 super difference is the super has a high rise intake, I believe the 75 has the oil hole in a different location relative to the 076.

I believe the p/c are usually the same, although I have seen a ++++ jug and a piston with larger windows, so I suspect there was a slightly peppier engine, but it may not have been related to a specific model per se. 075 had the oil cap on top, 076 had it on the side. Some TS760 cases came with the oiler passages bored out but not used, some did not have any of the oiler passages drilled. 075 had a 1-piece fuel tank, 076 had a removable cover plate thingie by the recoil. 075 and possibly some 076's had lower profile mufflers, some 076's needed spacers between the muffler guard and the case. There were some ignition variations too but I'm not sure what all that was about.

I appreciate that information. I have a 75, 76, and a couple 760's to work on and I am trying to figure out what direction to go.

On a side and unrelated note I would like to rehome a TS360 that has the compression of well I do not know but something with no compression but the piston is not looking that bad. It is scored but just not at the level to match it's compression

av8or3, you must know by now that David has sold many saws through this site. He may be working on one or more different projects as we type. Thought it worthwhile to ask. So the question - directed to David- stands- Is the 076 (or one like it) still available?
Hi!

It's sold sorry. I will let you know when I get an other 076 saw.

David,

I believe I bought a Stihl 070AV from you in early December 2017 on Ebay. That saw has a funny story. I bought it and your shipping charge was VERY cheap. I was impressed. The saw was supposed to get here around December 20th. Well it never "showed" up. I checked the FedEx tracking and it showed it being delivered to my house/farm. Well I went round and round with FedEx. They kept claiming it was here. I requested a representative from the hub call me and they never did. Well I gave up and figured since I was not home at the time some "porch pirate" stole it as that was right around the Christmas season. I thought it was odd though as I live in a very rural area on a dead end gravel road.

Now flash forward to early 2022. It turns out the saw was delivered but it was to my brother who is on the same dead end road. It had been sitting over at his shop since 2017 and he never said anything. I had just given up and the darn thing was actually here.

Bill

Latest posts

Back