Stihl 07s Bar Mount Pattern

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How570

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 07s And Bought A .404 bar that fits 084,088 etc but it won’t fit the 07s as The bar studs are bigger around,Does anyone know the pattern number for a Stihl bar,I Found the numbers for Carlton Oregon and others but would like to put a Stihl bar on it,Any Help Would Be Appreciated

Everything I have ever read about the 07 says it should be a 3002 mount(Oregon E031.) Are you positive that the bar you purchased is a large mount and not a 3003 medium mount(Oregon D025?)
The slot in the 3002 is 14MM, while the 3003 is 12.1mm

Everything I have ever read about the 07 says it should be a 3002 mount(Oregon E031.) Are you positive that the bar you purchased is a large mount and not a 3002 medium mount(Oregon D025?)
The slot in the 3002 is 14MM, while the 3003 is 12.1mm
I think you had a typo there but the information you provided is correct.

You said ......Are you positive that the bar you purchased is a large mount and not a 3002 medium mount(Oregon D025?)................... I believe you meant to say........... not a 3003 medium mount(Oregon D025?)..........

The medium mount is 3003 and the 3002 is large. The 3002 is correct for the 07 and I will assure that 100%

That’s what I Had Assumed Also ,My Stihl dealer had this bar hanging without the retail box and he said it was a large mount,I Never Even looked At The Bumbers on the Bar,I’ll Have To Check It ,thanks For The info

I recently purchased a 07s And Bought A .404 bar that fits 084,088 etc but it won’t fit the 07s as The bar studs are bigger around,Does anyone know the pattern number for a Stihl bar,I Found the numbers for Carlton Oregon and others but would like to put a Stihl bar on it,Any Help Would Be Appreciated
How long of bar?

I Got It To Start But It Won’t Stay Running,Compression Is Good ,I’m Assuming Carb Related,Have To Dig Into It To See For Sure

My Dealer Only Had One Bar In Stock Which Has Been There For Some Time As He Don’t Sell The .404 Bars Hardly At All Any More ,Once I Get It Running Good And The Right Bar For It, I’ll Try It Out On A Few Cuts Then Drain The Fluids And It Will Go On The Shelf With My Other Collection ,Saw Is In Great Shape For It’s Age

If it is a 3003 mount, which I am pretty sure it is, then there is really only one Stihl saw it is suitable for. That is the 041G. No other saw in that size range would be best with .404 except the 041G which has to be .404 or 1/2". If I did not already have a new 20" for mine I would swap you bars. You also might have a tough time finding a 20" .404 in a 3002 mount.

The problem is now not only do you not have tbd bar you need you also have a bar that is of no real use to most anyone.

I checked The Bar And It Is A 3003 Mount, I Guess I’ll see if the Dealer Will Take It Back,I paid 64.00 For The Bar And 25.00 For The Chain

I checked The Bar And It Is A 3003 Mount, I Guess I’ll see if the Dealer Will Take It Back,I paid 64.00 For The Bar And 25.00 For The Chain
I am sure they will and they can order you the right bar and cut the chain to fit.

I Appreciate All Your Input ,I Definitely Learned Something About The Bar mounts And Also That I Should Have Looked At The Stamp On The Bar ,It Didnt Come In The Package So I Just Assumed That They Sold Me The Right One ,I Know They Didn’t Intentionally Do It As They Are Wonderful People And I’m Pretty Sure I Can Get My Money Back,Now To Search For the Correct Bari
I am sure they will and they can order you the right bar and cut the chain to fit.

You were Right,They Can Only Get A 25” Bar In A 3002 Mount,My Dealer Has A 07s And Traced The Slot Onto Mine And Has A Good Burr Bit And Is Just Going To Modify It For Me ,I Believe The Adjustment Hole Needs A Tad Bigger And Maybe The One Oil Hole Needs Relocated ,It Will Suit Me Just Fine

Back