Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BL-Since 1911

Reaction score
Hi, new to this site and looking for someone who can supply me with Genuine, Original OEM Parts for a Stihl 090, 3 of them actually. Does anyone have a recommendation please? I work for a Salt Lake City, UT based lumber company and I am starting a "timeline" project. Our company has been around since before:

"The first portable chainsaw was developed and patented in 1918 by Canadian millwright James Shand." - quote from Wikipedia

We are going to incorporate these saws into the project along with some other old equipment dating back as far as the mid 1880's, one piece being the company's 2nd vehicle, a fully restored 1923 Mack Truck. We are the original and only owner. The timber and construction industries are well run, efficient, renewable and flat out cool. Not to mention full of men and women that flat out know how to work hard and we want to put together a good looking history display showing as much.

Hi
Most parts for a 090 are still available from Stihl
There are a few aftermarket parts that will work to replace some parts.
Ebay is a good spot to find NOS OEM parts.
And post what you are looking to buy in the Trading Post and someone may surprise you with what you are looking for.
Thomas

Cool story.
Thanks for posting.
The museum at the VA Stihl plant is very cool. There are some interesting and rare items that I didn't even know they produced, like a diesel tractor, a lawn mower, generators, Etc.
Try posting on the Trading Post Forum on here.
Someone will point you in the right direction.

Latest posts

Back