• Notice to all BUYERS. You are buying at your own risk. If you do not know the seller then please be cautious and look for suspicious activity. If they ask you to mail a check/money order or pay with PayPal using the Friends and Family option, that is a RED FLAG. Your purchase will not be protected. Only pay with credit card or PayPal using the goods and services options. Do not fall for the excuse that they don't want to pay the PayPal fees. They need to account for that in their sales price.
  • To all USERS that think they need to police the site. New users that come to sell items are not always selling stolen merchandise. No vigilante or lynch mob mentality is permitted. You will be given infraction points if you accuse someone of selling stolen merchandise without hard evidence. You must have the stolen item report with a serial number and/or pictures that match the for sale item to make such accusations. Alert the moderators with your evidence and they will take care of any transgressions. If you do not you will be given enough points for a 3 day time out.
  • We have started a new forum dedicated to user/instruction manuals. This is a repository forum and each new thread must contain the manual the thread is about. Please read the sticky. This is a community effort so if you have a manual, please help. https://www.arboristsite.com/forums/chainsaw-equipment-manuals.170/

Want to Sell Stihl 090AV for sale. $2500.00

ChargerJay

ChargerJay

Stihl 090AV For Sale.
This is not your typical 090AV for sale. This is a one of a kind, with pretty much every single part being gone through, meticulously cleaned, polished, or painted and reinstalled to factory specs. I went through this saw with toothbrush, and 1500 grit to take it back to what the original hand made craftsmen would have been proud of. There are no non Stihl parts on this saw, even the air filter is a real Stihl, as is the chain oil, it’s the small things that make the project something that the others notice and appreciate. This saw was manufactured in West Germany, in March of 1978. It comes with a 42” Oregon Bar and chain. Just finding a suitable exact paint match was a job in itself. Some info if your not familiar with this iconic and very heavily collected chainsaw. This is the biggest regular production one man saw ever made. The torque on this saw is incredible. I wondered how people could operate this saw all day long, but I took it out, sat it on a log, and pulled the trigger, and the saw cut it itself, it was amazing. All I did was keep it straight. Then I understood how the saw was used. When I bought the saw it was missing a few parts, which I sourced and installed, Stihl OEM of course, and I added the dogs, which are new, and I painted them orange to match the saw. Whenever I restore a project I like to add, or change one thing to make it a bit more personal. On the Stihl I thought long and hard about how to add a bit of personalization, but remain true to the Stihl brand. In the end, I changed the color of the cooling fan bolted to the fly wheel. I matched it to the Stihl orange of the saw, and I think it looks really cool, and breaks up the Stihl light grey. You can see it through the slots of the pull start, and I think the Stihl guys would be proud of the mod. Of course if it’s going to a collection I can return it to plain aluminum. One thing, as much effort as I out into this saw cosmetically, this saw is no joke, it’s a full powered, high horsepower work horse. But it’s ok to look good while your turning oak into toothpicks. This is the iconic saw that is the choice for portable milling, and with this torque, you might hear a yawn or two from the exhaust pipe. This saw is not cheap, but you get what you pay for. I see some around 1500 that look like they been beat for years, or those other ones, advertised as NEW. Stihl has not produced this saw since 1985.
SERIES OR ASSEMBLY NUMBER: 1109
ENGINE DISPLACEMENT: 137ccm (8.36 cu. in.)
NUMBER OF CYLINDERS: 1
CYLINDER BORE: 66mm (2.6 in.)
PISTON STROKE: 40mm (1.57mm)
CYLINDER TYPE: Aluminum with chrome plated bore
INTAKE METHOD: Piston ported
WEIGHT: 14.7kg with 53cm bar & chain
32.4 lbs. with 21 in. bar & chain
HANDLEBAR SYSTEM: Anti-vibration
CLUTCH: Centrifugal
DRIVE TYPE: Direct
CONSTRUCTION: Die cast magnesium
MAGNETO TYPE: Bosch electronic
CARBURETOR: Tillotson HL-244A, HL-324A series
AIR FILTER SYSTEM: Nylon mesh cartridge
STARTER TYPE: Stihl automatic rewind
OIL PUMP: Automatic with manual assist
MAXIMUM ENGINE RPM: 8,000
IGNITION TIMING: fixed
SPARK PLUG TYPE: Bosch WSR6F
SPARK PLUG GAP: 0.5mm (0.020 in.)
CRANKSHAFT MAIN BEARINGS: Needle roller
FUEL TANK CAPACITY: 2.29 pints
FUEL OIL RATIO: 40:1 with Stihl oil
RECOMMENDED FUEL OCTANE: Regular
CHAIN PITCH: .404 in. optional 1/2 in.

This saw is interesting, I take it up the mountain where people cut up downed logs for firewood, and any give time there’s usually 4 or 5 people up there. Good road, downed logs, free, I’m in. Anyway, when I start the 090 up, people notice. One by one their saws turn off, and they meander over to see what the he** is drowning out every other saw with authority. Some even want to buck a bit of wood to see how it goes. There’s something to be said about having the biggest one man regular production saw ever made, good bragging rights to the buddies. Everyone who knows this saw knows what it does, and can do, your not gonna stop it on hardwood, just to much torque. I got about 50nor 100 hours on piston and rings, cylinder walls are spotless, not a blemish. If you wish I can pull exhaust and send picture of piston walls. If you want the biggest, and the baddest, of you have to mill some wood, nothing comes close to this saw, and its 9hp plus motor, yes 9hp plus. The cosmetics, it’s ok to look like you got a new saw while busting you’re a**. Straight up, this saw looks new, but better. If your interested, or have questions, message away. This saw wont last, and not sure when I will do my next one. Included with the saw is a copy of the original owners manual, and also a copy of the original bench manual.

Attachments

• 20200223_160417.jpg
    20200223_160417.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 343
  • 20200223_160245.jpg
    20200223_160245.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 338
  • 20200223_160228.jpg
    20200223_160228.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 335
  • 20200223_160153.jpg
    20200223_160153.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 332
  • 20200223_160111.jpg
    20200223_160111.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 325
  • 20200223_160042.jpg
    20200223_160042.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 329
old CB

old CB

Addicted to ArboristSite
I'll surely catch flak for this, but . . . it's a chainsaw.

If someone wants/needs a ginormous saw to use, he could buy two new ones for about the same money. Granted, the new ones would have a few less cc's, but the difference is negligible and they'd work for countless more hours than yours will.

On the other hand, if someone wants to put it on a shelf and gaze at it, you could print a photo or three and get almost the same juice for a lot less $.

You've provided nothing about the saw's compression, history of use, or other necessary mechanical matters for the serious saw user.

Please don't take this wrong--you have a beautiful piece there. But $2500?

I drive an '02 Toyota pickup rather than a King Ranch $100,000 Ford pickup, so factor that into my opinion.

But seriously, $2500?

sawfun

sawfun

Addicted to ArboristSite
I'll surely catch flak for this, but . . . it's a chainsaw.

If someone wants/needs a ginormous saw to use, he could buy two new ones for about the same money. Granted, the new ones would have a few less cc's, but the difference is negligible and they'd work for countless more hours than yours will.

On the other hand, if someone wants to put it on a shelf and gaze at it, you could print a photo or three and get almost the same juice for a lot less $.

You've provided nothing about the saw's compression, history of use, or other necessary mechanical matters for the serious saw user.

Please don't take this wrong--you have a beautiful piece there. But $2500?

I drive an '02 Toyota pickup rather than a King Ranch $100,000 Ford pickup, so factor that into my opinion.

But seriously, $2500?
I agree about a saw history and proof of the parts like the cases being OEM. To me your 02 Toyota is a new rig to me, cause I drive a 97 Dodge or 75 GMC. That 090, if original will do work that mo new saw can period. An 880 or 3120 ain't an 090, or in its league by any measure. However, it would be highly unusual to find such work these days. That $2500 price would be more in line with a large AV saw.

Stonesforbrains

Stonesforbrains

ArboristSite Operative
Not trying be a Debbie downer at all( maybe a wise butt) have you seen the news lately? Five rolls low bid, want to haggle... I can go seven to eightish. Higher than that, the wife is going to get mad! Just having fun for a moment, GLWS!

Definitive Dave

Definitive Dave

wanna-be saw racer, saw hoarder, parts whore
the voices in my head tell me to buy chainsaws
In this price range a restoration should be professionally powdercoated in my opinion, the paint job does not look good. An 090AV is a rare saw and that bar is awfully nice but overall the presentation doesn't match the level of the asking price at all :(
Dave