• Notice to all BUYERS. You are buying at your own risk. If you do not know the seller then please be cautious and look for suspicious activity. If they ask you to mail a check/money order or pay with PayPal using the Friends and Family option, that is a RED FLAG. Your purchase will not be protected. Only pay with credit card or PayPal using the goods and services options. Do not fall for the excuse that they don't want to pay the PayPal fees. They need to account for that in their sales price.
  • To all USERS that think they need to police the site. New users that come to sell items are not always selling stolen merchandise. No vigilante or lynch mob mentality is permitted. You will be given infraction points if you accuse someone of selling stolen merchandise without hard evidence. You must have the stolen item report with a serial number and/or pictures that match the for sale item to make such accusations. Alert the moderators with your evidence and they will take care of any transgressions. If you do not you will be given enough points for a 3 day time out.
  • We have started a new forum dedicated to user/instruction manuals. This is a repository forum and each new thread must contain the manual the thread is about. Please read the sticky. This is a community effort so if you have a manual, please help. https://www.arboristsite.com/forums/chainsaw-equipment-manuals.170/

Want to Sell Stihl 090AV for sale. $2500.00

Brownthumb

Brownthumb

ArboristSite Operative
Hutzls for 200 bucks look nicer. Yes it a 070.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
Brownthumb

Brownthumb

ArboristSite Operative
Stihl 041S

Stihl 041S

Tree Freak
I know of one PNW logger that might disagree with that statement. An 090 is tough to beat on 13' diameter trees. And yes there are a few around here.
On the Gulf of Mexico when a hurricane hits the trees are a little smaller than 13’.......but 7-9’ makes an Oh-Nine-Oh a nice option.
so I’ll agree with you fully!!!

Jhenderson

Jhenderson

Addicted to ArboristSite
I know of one PNW logger that might disagree with that statement. An 090 is tough to beat on 13' diameter trees. And yes there are a few around here.

Yeah, that’d be great. Trying to earn a living with a saw that hasn’t been made in 35 years, made using parts made out of unobtainium. Especially when there are modern 100+ cc saws that make the same power and weigh 1/2 as much.

sawfun

sawfun

Addicted to ArboristSite
Yeah, that’d be great. Trying to earn a living with a saw that hasn’t been made in 35 years, made using parts made out of unobtainium. Especially when there are modern 100+ cc saws that make the same power and weigh 1/2 as much.
If you've ever run a 088 in big wood and an 090,you'd know why. 72 + inch bars are where the 090 really shows it stuff over your lighter saws that may have the same horsepower. But not the same torque and those newer saws have to run up top to make that power.

Jhenderson

Jhenderson

Addicted to ArboristSite
If you've ever run a 088 in big wood and an 090,you'd know why. 72 + inch bars are where the 090 really shows it stuff over your lighter saws that may have the same horsepower. But not the same torque and those newer saws have to run up top to make that power.

Spoken like a man who’s never tried to earn his living with a 35 year old saw he couldn’t get parts for.

Stihl 041S

Stihl 041S

Tree Freak
They don’t make the same HP.........and they don’t weigh 1/2 as much.
You wouldn’t say that if you had run both.

sawfun

sawfun

Addicted to ArboristSite
Spoken like a man who’s never tried to earn his living with a 35 year old saw he couldn’t get parts for.
I've use them in big wood but done earn my living with one, it sounds like you do? The 090 should only be used for very large wood which is rare but out there occasionally. It will saves a ton of time instead of chunking out a tree or log with a 066 and 36" bar. The 090 is not meant for regular logging anyway as who would want to carry it on our steep slopes unless the was a need for it. As far as parts go, how often do you expect such a machine with limited use to break? They are built hell for stout and to last.

Modifiedmark

Modifiedmark

Tree Freak
I thought we were being nice. Guess not.
Saw this 090 on Facebook yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And Facebook is where one of those moronic Millennial's who just have to have it will give the $2500 for it. Then everyone will believe a 090 cost $2500. Just sayin..

Jhenderson

Jhenderson

Addicted to ArboristSite
They don’t make the same HP.........and they don’t weigh 1/2 as much.
You wouldn’t say that if you had run both.
They don’t make the same hp. An 088 makes almost 1 full hp more than an 090. You’re right about wt. A modern saw weighs a little less than 2/3 as much. What makes you think I haven’t run both. How many years have you spent earning your living in the woods? When I started, they were still making the 090, and my local dealer was the go to guy on them for Waterbury equipment, our distributor, having worked on them while stationed in Vietnam. That being said, an 076 was more popular here. After you answer those questions you can tell me why Stihl quit making them if nothing else will do.

sawfun

sawfun

Addicted to ArboristSite
And Facebook is where one of those moronic Millennial's who just have to have it will give the $2500 for it. Then everyone will believe a 090 cost $2500. Just sayin..
Good luck selling it right now with so many folks outa work as of this week. Even when they get back to work its gonna be a while to catch up. I dunno about elsewhere but its hitting hard on the west coast.