• Notice to all BUYERS. You are buying at your own risk. If you do not know the seller then please be cautious and look for suspicious activity. If they ask you to mail a check/money order or pay with PayPal using the Friends and Family option, that is a RED FLAG. Your purchase will not be protected. Only pay with credit card or PayPal using the goods and services options. Do not fall for the excuse that they don't want to pay the PayPal fees. They need to account for that in their sales price.
  • To all USERS that think they need to police the site. New users that come to sell items are not always selling stolen merchandise. No vigilante or lynch mob mentality is permitted. You will be given infraction points if you accuse someone of selling stolen merchandise without hard evidence. You must have the stolen item report with a serial number and/or pictures that match the for sale item to make such accusations. Alert the moderators with your evidence and they will take care of any transgressions. If you do not you will be given enough points for a 3 day time out.
  • We have started a new forum dedicated to user/instruction manuals. This is a repository forum and each new thread must contain the manual the thread is about. Please read the sticky. This is a community effort so if you have a manual, please help. https://www.arboristsite.com/forums/chainsaw-equipment-manuals.170/

Want to Sell Stihl 090AV for sale. $2500.00

sawfun

sawfun

Addicted to ArboristSite
They don’t make the same hp. An 088 makes almost 1 full hp more than an 090. You’re right about wt. A modern saw weighs a little less than 2/3 as much. What makes you think I haven’t run both. How many years have you spent earning your living in the woods? When I started, they were still making the 090, and my local dealer was the go to guy on them for Waterbury equipment, our distributor, having worked on them while stationed in Vietnam. That being said, an 076 was more popular here. After you answer those questions you can tell me why Stihl quit making them if nothing else will do.
I believe I had already said I didn't earn a living with an 090 but do have some limited experience with large 10 foot cedar snags and stumps as well as some 60" oak, maple and Foug Fir. A good 076 will run a 60" bar ok, but some are real dogs. I know as I've used them on 60" maple and fir. I've run a stock 088 and 880's and found them pretty lacking. Ported they run good enough, but an 090 is better as I've said, with a 72" bar and larger, in my limited experience. Several PNW loggers I've spoke with agree as well as tree folks having to remove large Sequoia. Stihl still makes the 070 and some parts for the 090. Its obvious you have a great deal of disdain for the 090 so not much point in arguing.

Modifiedmark

Modifiedmark

Tree Freak
Good luck selling it right now with so many folks outa work as of this week. Even when they get back to work its gonna be a while to catch up. I dunno about elsewhere but its hitting hard on the west coast.

It won't matter if only one snot nosed, country rap listening, Facebook living, big farmers kid has $2500 in his pocket this week and decides he has to have a bigger cooler saw then the neighbors farm kid has. Daddy will tell him to just get a receipt so he can take if off the farms taxes as a business expense. Never mind daddy used a D8 to take out every tree on the place.

Someone asking this much for a 090 kind of tans my hide. I can buy one just about the same tomorrow for half...

Stihl 041S

Stihl 041S

Tree Freak
They don’t make the same hp. An 088 makes almost 1 full hp more than an 090. You’re right about wt. A modern saw weighs a little less than 2/3 as much. What makes you think I haven’t run both. How many years have you spent earning your living in the woods? When I started, they were still making the 090, and my local dealer was the go to guy on them for Waterbury equipment, our distributor, having worked on them while stationed in Vietnam. That being said, an 076 was more popular here. After you answer those questions you can tell me why Stihl quit making them if nothing else will do.
You said thy weigh 1/2 as much. And they don’t.
Why would you say that if you knew better........?
Going by what YOU said......sorry.
I won’t go by what you say next time..........

sawfun

sawfun

Addicted to ArboristSite
It won't matter if only one snot nosed, country rap listening, Facebook living, big farmers kid has $2500 in his pocket this week and decides he has to have a bigger cooler saw then the neighbors farm kid has. Daddy will tell him to just get a receipt so he can take if off the farms taxes as a business expense. Never mind daddy used a D8 to take out every tree on the place.

Someone asking this much for a 090 kind of tans my hide. I can buy one just about the same tomorrow for half...
Your prolly right but his daddy's business better be doing a hell of a lot better than all of the ones shut down out here.

Jhenderson

Jhenderson

Addicted to ArboristSite
I believe I had already said I didn't earn a living with an 090 but do have some limited experience with large 10 foot cedar snags and stumps as well as some 60" oak, maple and Foug Fir. A good 076 will run a 60" bar ok, but some are real dogs. I know as I've used them on 60" maple and fir. I've run a stock 088 and 880's and found them pretty lacking. Ported they run good enough, but an 090 is better as I've said, with a 72" bar and larger, in my limited experience. Several PNW loggers I've spoke with agree as well as tree folks having to remove large Sequoia. Stihl still makes the 070 and some parts for the 090. Its obvious you have a great deal of disdain for the 090 so not much point in arguing.

I have no “ distain “ for any inanimate object. I have disagreement with someone saying they need an antique and suggesting someone would make a living with it.

sawfun

sawfun

Addicted to ArboristSite
Just watch what's been going on a little closer.
What I see is pretty scary. I drive a city bus and we have heard NOTHING at all from management. Thursday we were finally given 2 oz of some kind of sanitizer in a genetic bottle. Yesterday we were given a small flimsy zip lock with 4-5 disposable wipes with a letter to put them back in the bag if not used. Our city/state is about to be locked down. I am on vacation next week and wonder after 28 years, if I will have a job when I return. The police have announced that there will be no responses unless life threatening and have had non essential personell cut. So we are on our own and theft in stores is now taking place without any fear. I was told by a member of our police that 9mm ammo is non existent. After my vacation, do I need to stay home just to guard my food? Yeah, my eyes are pretty open now. I'm not gonna argue with some damn fool about a saw.

Modifiedmark

Modifiedmark

Tree Freak
What I see is pretty scary. I drive a city bus and we have heard NOTHING at all from management. Thursday we were finally given 2 oz of some kind of sanitizer in a genetic bottle. Yesterday we were given a small flimsy zip lock with 4-5 disposable wipes with a letter to put them back in the bag if not used. Our city/state is about to be locked down. I am on vacation next week and wonder after 28 years, if I will have a job when I return. The police have announced that there will be no responses unless life threatening and have had non essential personell cut. So we are on our own and theft in stores is now taking place without any fear. I was told by a member of our police that 9mm ammo is non existent. After my vacation, do I need to stay home just to guard my food? Yeah, my eyes are pretty open now. I'm not gonna argue with some damn fool about a saw.
I hear you , but you didn't understand what I was talking about. I was talking about the young Facebook crowd paying stupid prices for run of the mill old junk chainsaws. When something like this shows up they seem to get shook to the point of even losing bodily functions including the ability to think.

sawfun

sawfun

Addicted to ArboristSite
I hear you , but you didn't understand what I was talking about. I was talking about the young Facebook crowd paying stupid prices for run of the mill old junk chainsaws. When something like this shows up they seem to get shook to the point of even losing bodily functions including the ability to think.
Thanks for clarifying. I've never been on Facebook so I don't know. I was in the middle of filling out the app and like 100 people had already put in friend requests for me. Hell, in my job I have way too many folks wanting to be my "friend" so that scared me off quick. Folks that know me, know where I am and been here for 52 years, same land line for as long. I don't have time for the Facebook BS. That or I wanna be less social after a day of work. I transport all kind of folk, several we'd rather not know or see. Lots of saws and other stuff is gonna get sold before this is over.

Jhenderson

Jhenderson

Addicted to ArboristSite
You shouldn't. Some fools have nothing better to do than argue.

I didn’t start the discussion. All I said was nobody needs an 090. If I as wrong stihl would still build them. And before somebody makes a fool of themselves, they quit making them in the mid 80s. Long before emissions were a consideration.

Bedford

Bedford

Addicted to ArboristSite
I didn’t start the discussion. All I said was nobody needs an 090. If I as wrong stihl would still build them. And before somebody makes a fool of themselves, they quit making them in the mid 80s. Long before emissions were a consideration.
I think you'll find Stihl stopped building them as it was better to create a new model than re-engineer the 090 to make them chain brake compliant.
That's what Stihl told me when I bought mine in 1983.

green machine

green machine

ArboristSite Lurker
I agree about a saw history and proof of the parts like the cases being OEM. To me your 02 Toyota is a new rig to me, cause I drive a 97 Dodge or 75 GMC. That 090, if original will do work that mo new saw can period. An 880 or 3120 ain't an 090, or in its league by any measure. However, it would be highly unusual to find such work these days. That $2500 price would be more in line with a large AV saw.
if it was a gear drive I could see 2k

Ryan A

Ryan A

ArboristSite Operative
Did this saw sell?
I’d steer clear. Post is 17 months old from a member who signed up solely to sell a saw. Red flags EVERYWHERE.

There is a trusted seller here, Robin Wood, who is able to get grey market OEM Saws from overseas. Shoot him a PM about getting a 070 with a 090 kit. I don’t have that kind of $$ for a saw but if I did, that would be the way I went. Do a search here......