• Notice to all BUYERS. You are buying at your own risk. If you do not know the seller then please be cautious and look for suspicious activity. If they ask you to mail a check/money order or pay with PayPal using the Friends and Family option, that is a RED FLAG. Your purchase will not be protected. Only pay with credit card or PayPal using the goods and services options. Do not fall for the excuse that they don't want to pay the PayPal fees. They need to account for that in their sales price.
  • To all USERS that think they need to police the site. New users that come to sell items are not always selling stolen merchandise. No vigilante or lynch mob mentality is permitted. You will be given infraction points if you accuse someone of selling stolen merchandise without hard evidence. You must have the stolen item report with a serial number and/or pictures that match the for sale item to make such accusations. Alert the moderators with your evidence and they will take care of any transgressions. If you do not you will be given enough points for a 3 day time out.
  • We have started a new forum dedicated to user/instruction manuals. This is a repository forum and each new thread must contain the manual the thread is about. Please read the sticky. This is a community effort so if you have a manual, please help. https://www.arboristsite.com/forums/chainsaw-equipment-manuals.170/

Want to Sell Stihl 090AV for sale. $2500.00

Hdtoolmkr765

Hdtoolmkr765

Contra Hoarder
I’d steer clear. Post is 17 months old from a member who signed up solely to sell a saw. Red flags EVERYWHERE.

There is a trusted seller here, Robin Wood, who is able to get grey market OEM Saws from overseas. Shoot him a PM about getting a 070 with a 090 kit. I don’t have that kind of $$ for a saw but if I did, that would be the way I went. Do a search here......

I’m well aware, I have a few shelves of Contras, Contra S, Contra G, Contra GS, 070, 070 AV, 090, 090 AV, and 090G saws. I also have new 070 from Robin, I was only inquiring because the OP stated the saw wouldn’t last long and I was curious as to how it lasted sooooo long.

mbrick

mbrick

ArboristSite Operative
In this price range a restoration should be professionally powdercoated in my opinion, the paint job does not look good. An 090AV is a rare saw and that bar is awfully nice but overall the presentation doesn't match the level of the asking price at all :(
Dave
I have to agree. The paint is rough and not "factory". The bar nuts that are rounded over (in the "tightening" direction, no less), etc...