• Notice to all BUYERS. You are buying at your own risk. If you do not know the seller then please be cautious and look for suspicious activity. If they ask you to mail a check/money order or pay with PayPal using the Friends and Family option, that is a RED FLAG. Your purchase will not be protected. Only pay with credit card or PayPal using the goods and services options. Do not fall for the excuse that they don't want to pay the PayPal fees. They need to account for that in their sales price.
  • To all USERS that think they need to police the site. New users that come to sell items are not always selling stolen merchandise. No vigilante or lynch mob mentality is permitted. You will be given infraction points if you accuse someone of selling stolen merchandise without hard evidence. You must have the stolen item report with a serial number and/or pictures that match the for sale item to make such accusations. Alert the moderators with your evidence and they will take care of any transgressions. If you do not you will be given enough points for a 3 day time out.

Want to Sell Stihl 090AV for sale. $2500.00

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

Reaction score
I’d steer clear. Post is 17 months old from a member who signed up solely to sell a saw. Red flags EVERYWHERE.

There is a trusted seller here, Robin Wood, who is able to get grey market OEM Saws from overseas. Shoot him a PM about getting a 070 with a 090 kit. I don’t have that kind of $$ for a saw but if I did, that would be the way I went. Do a search here......

I’m well aware, I have a few shelves of Contras, Contra S, Contra G, Contra GS, 070, 070 AV, 090, 090 AV, and 090G saws. I also have new 070 from Robin, I was only inquiring because the OP stated the saw wouldn’t last long and I was curious as to how it lasted sooooo long.

mbrick

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
In this price range a restoration should be professionally powdercoated in my opinion, the paint job does not look good. An 090AV is a rare saw and that bar is awfully nice but overall the presentation doesn't match the level of the asking price at all :(
Dave
I have to agree. The paint is rough and not "factory". The bar nuts that are rounded over (in the "tightening" direction, no less), etc...

12fergus

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Solo Super Rex.........143.7 cc......just sayin.

And I love my Ported Oh-Nine-Oh............
In 1963 a faller in the next block beside me used a 2 cyl Solo. I don't know the model , but perhaps the above was the model. There were also other larger cc saws then the 090.The 2 cyl Solo was hard on cranks. The 090 av was a large saw that survives.

Reaction score
In 1963 a faller in the next block beside me used a 2 cyl Solo. I don't know the model , but perhaps the above was the model. There were also other larger cc saws then the 090.The 2 cyl Solo was hard on cranks. The 090 av was a large saw that survives.
I see you brought up an old thread which is perfectly fine as some threads need revisited. As you know the OP claimed to be 090 was the largest one man saw built which is not true at all. As mentioned the Super Rex was bigger. The name escaped me but I believe there was an Australian.built saw even larger. Stihl did have a 10 cube 090 but it was not a general production saw.

You mentioned the Solo Twin. That is funny because I was just looking at mine today. I do not remember the displacement but it is not that large

Reaction score
Thanks Lee for posting that I knew you would know I could not for the life of me think of what the name was. All I could remember was it was from Australia. Also I did not even think of the 1690

Reaction score
You have an Awesome piece of history and also Powerhouse Saw! And it sounds as though you have done your best to offer a very Nice piece for someone that has a use for it! Don't be Surprised if you get beat up on here on this site, Or FB as well! Lots of Strictly Sellers here making their living (some) on Purchasing saws that they can sell for profit. It will be very difficult to find That ONE Who Can Appreciate the History, Add it to their collection and take it and use it and know it's a right saw to add to the others. Hope you find that ONE who has been waiting for a long time to have a Really clean low hour machine to use and enjoy and be proud of on the shelf or in the woods. They are impressive for sure! I Love the ones I have, and they are just right as a special occasion machine to Eat Big wood with. You may have to hold on to it for a while,don't Despair you know what you have. Enjoy it and will hope you have that ONE come along and have to have it. Question??? Do you have the serial number plate on it? It helps for authenticity and covers any issues that may arise as to the History. Good Luck! Also, if it's built right, it will stand shoulder to shoulder to it's newer compareable in durability and performance! Regards

Reaction score
You have an Awesome piece of history and also Powerhouse Saw! And it sounds as though you have done your best to offer a very Nice piece for someone that has a use for it! Don't be Surprised if you get beat up on here on this site, Or FB as well! Lots of Strictly Sellers here making their living (some) on Purchasing saws that they can sell for profit. It will be very difficult to find That ONE Who Can Appreciate the History, Add it to their collection and take it and use it and know it's a right saw to add to the others. Hope you find that ONE who has been waiting for a long time to have a Really clean low hour machine to use and enjoy and be proud of on the shelf or in the woods. They are impressive for sure! I Love the ones I have, and they are just right as a special occasion machine to Eat Big wood with. You may have to hold on to it for a while,don't Despair you know what you have. Enjoy it and will hope you have that ONE come along and have to have it. Question??? Do you have the serial number plate on it? It helps for authenticity and covers any issues that may arise as to the History. Good Luck! Also, if it's built right, it will stand shoulder to shoulder to it's newer compareable in durability and performance! Regards

090 was never made with a serial number plate.

Latest posts