Stihl 200T running problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesmcsparron

ArboristSite Member
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not that new to the business but did not have privileges to post anywhere else on "ArboristSite.com.
So, I've had a 200T since 2008 from new and it always ran well until recently, when it started acting the wag.
It will cold start and run good for about 10 mins then it will stop taking the throttle. It dies when I give it throttle or moans like a sick dog. It's difficult to restart and runs like the carb settings are off even though they are not.
A fellow at the saw shop said it's wear and tear on the engine or shaft seals or something which displace when the saw heats.
Has anyone any ideas?

I'm not that new to the business but did not have privileges to post anywhere else on "ArboristSite.com.
So, I've had a 200T since 2008 from new and it always ran well until recently, when it started acting the wag.
It will cold start and run good for about 10 mins then it will stop taking the throttle. It dies when I give it throttle or moans like a sick dog. It's difficult to restart and runs like the carb settings are off even though they are not.
A fellow at the saw shop said it's wear and tear on the engine or shaft seals or something which displace when the saw heats.
Has anyone any ideas?
Since it acts up the hot coil could be bad. Carbs are known to fail on these saws. Without a coil or carb to swap you may have a hard time of it. Do you have another coil or carb?

Since it acts up the hot coil could be bad. Carbs are known to fail on these saws. Without a coil or carb to swap you may have a hard time of it. Do you have another coil or carb?
What is a hot coil, is it a coil that has over heated?
The carb is fine. I stripped it and cleaned it carefully. The diaphragm looks perfect.

What is a hot coil, is it a coil that has over heated?
The carb is fine. I stripped it and cleaned it carefully. The diaphragm looks perfect.
I meant when the coil is hot it could be malfunctioning possibly, test the color and strength of the spark at the plug when cold ,then when it stops running see if the color fades and the spark is weaker.

About the carb you cant tell by looking at it if its going to work. What model carb is it a Zama 126?

Back