STIHL 2013 What will the new year bring?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't really work up much enthusiasm for those 42/43cc saws, as they simply are too close to the 550xp and 346xp in weight - and the power loss is much more substaintial than the weight loss. :msp_sneaky:

If you look at the Stihl lineup isolated, the MS241 makes more sense though!

Depends on the task. For my invasive removal work, I notice the difference between the 238se and 346xp after 3-4 hours of work.

Fuel Injection? hmmm should be interesting.

For stock saws fuel injection should be sweet.

For ported/built saws? I dont know fhow much they will compensate. Might need a fuel controler? you never know the fuel injection might limit what can be done with those saws.

I am very curious to see a 661. my dealer told me he was getting one to test but i havent seen it yet......

Very valid point about a fuel controller and if it needs one when ported.

From my experience with sleds I know that most EFI sleds ( atleast from Arctic Cat) can compensate just enough to run an aftermarket single pipe. Now when it comes to running twin pipes, Big bore kits, Turbos.... then the after market fuel controller is a necessary item. However there was an exception in 05 when Arctic cat brought out the M7 according to a couple performance shops Arctic Cat made that sled run rich from the factory, and u were able to run twin pipes with out any fuel modification.

Maybe Stihl will have these saws run pretty rich from the factory and once ported there will be enough fuel to compensate. Or maybe someone will make a chip to make the saw plug & play, kind of what like most Diesel tuners are. Can you imagine 15 different tunes for a saw? lol

On a side note I'm interested in the 661. I mean I have a Snellerized 441 CM-R, and the 660/661 is next on the list.:D

I would love to see and handle a 241. I think it's too heavy to replace my ps401, and too small to replace my 50cc jonsereds, but I'd still like to see it, handle it, cut with it. I'm looking forward to the 543xp also.

Latest posts

Back