STIHL 2013 What will the new year bring?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indiansprings

Firewood Purveyor
Reaction score
Stihl 661 could it be that it will be on a diet compared to a 660, I would venture to say over 1/2 lbs lighter, more power, same scavenging set up as the 461, saw the specs today, impressive. Should be a winner.

The Stihl fairy prolly will land what.................did someone whisper 261 CM? Only the new year will tell.

New filteration set up on the 362, looks like more will go to the 261 style setup, great move.

What did someone else say a 5 lbs top handle, can't disclose the model #, should be a great fit for the guys in the blue berry patches and orchards.

It also seems in the 4th quarter a 40cc rear handle Pro saw with the CM set up will hit the US, set up with 3/8 picco should be a screamer, those who have run it say it is a monster compared even to the legendary 200T.

I as in "I" saws, get ready, the fuel injection set ups in the cutoff saw have been a proven platform.

Lots of good stuff in the pipeline, competition drives innovation and improvement, customers are going to be the real winners whatever brand they buy as the companies have to improve/change product lines.

Can't wait to get the 661 in the pipeline, lighter, faster,different port timing, stronger yet simple. Loggers and fallers are going to love this baby.

Actually we've seen a decrease on alot of parts, take brake handles for example, carbys on some models have made it cost effective not to even jack with carbs in the shop any more, it's faster and cheaper to slap a new carb on in 5-10 minutes than take it off ultra sonic it, kit in and put it back on, case in point FS 45/55 carbs have come down to 31.00. We sell kits for 14.99, 35.00 labor to ultra sonic the old carb rebuild it and install it, so 50.00, we can slap a new carb on for 40.00 which would you rather have?

You talking about the little stihl 150T. Known about that one for awhile. Seems like a 192 in a smaller version. Wont know for sure till see IPL.

[video=youtube_share;vgPLzCf3yI8]http://youtu.be/vgPLzCf3yI8[/video]

I asked them a few months ago if the 261 would get mtronic in the foreseeable future and they told me NO!

I do hope they lied about the 241CM not coming to the US!!

I think you wish will be granted, according to a guy who just got back from Germany, but it will prolly be a while.

I think you wish will be granted, according to a guy who just got back from Germany, but it will prolly be a while.

What happens in Germany doesn't always happen in the US at the same time, or at all.

Is this thread about what they were working at in Germany, or is it specific info for the US market? :confused:

Only the United States. ST lot's of innovation in the pipe, competition is a good thing. It's what keeps saws of all brands improving in the performance and weight reduction area.

Only the United States. ST lot's of innovation in the pipe, competition is a good thing. It's what keeps saws of all brands improving in the performance and weight reduction area.

Yes, of course - it was the remark about "just came back from Germany" that made me wonder. :msp_wink:

You talking about the little stihl 150T. Known about that one for awhile. Seems like a 192 in a smaller version. Wont know for sure till see IPL.

[video=youtube_share;vgPLzCf3yI8]http://youtu.be/vgPLzCf3yI8[/video]

Wow! Some actual cookie size cookies. I'd take the Li-ion instead!

Its all fine and dandy that they have new smaller saws coming, but C'MON!!!! GIVE US AN MTRONIC 661!!! Even if it cost $1300 or more, ive spet my money on dumber things.

Stihl 661 could it be that it will be on a diet compared to a 660, I would venture to say over 1/2 lbs lighter, more power, same scavenging set up as the 461, saw the specs today, impressive. Should be a winner.

The Stihl fairy prolly will land what.................did someone whisper 261 CM? Only the new year will tell.

New filteration set up on the 362, looks like more will go to the 261 style setup, great move.

What did someone else say a 5 lbs top handle, can't disclose the model #, should be a great fit for the guys in the blue berry patches and orchards.

It also seems in the 4th quarter a 40cc rear handle Pro saw with the CM set up will hit the US, set up with 3/8 picco should be a screamer, those who have run it say it is a monster compared even to the legendary 200T.

I as in "I" saws, get ready, the fuel injection set ups in the cutoff saw have been a proven platform.

Lots of good stuff in the pipeline, competition drives innovation and improvement, customers are going to be the real winners whatever brand they buy as the companies have to improve/change product lines.

Can't wait to get the 661 in the pipeline, lighter, faster,different port timing, stronger yet simple. Loggers and fallers are going to love this baby.

Dang u mean my new 660 is going to be obsolete allready,,,saws are getting to be like computers....

Bob....:cheers:

Nothing really very interesting except for one small detail.Oh yes it has a payment coupon book that goes along with it. I will have it Tuesday morning. 2013 Polaris 400 HO 4X4, IRS.Ken
attachment.php

Quite a few of us have let Stihl know that we're interested in this model. It's a shame it takes them so long to bring a saw to market.

Yep, they had the opportunity to beat the 543xp to the US market, but they have vasted that opportunity.

Also, they really should have replaced the MS261 and MS362 with something lighter and neater, and not just introduced new features on them.....

Latest posts

Back