STIHL 2013 What will the new year bring?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't know the 543XP came with AutoTune. Is it only available at "select" dealers? Or can I pick one up at lowes?

I didn't know the 543XP came with AutoTune. Is it only available at "select" dealers? Or can I pick one up at lowes?

It isn't out yet, but likely not far away - and yes, it has Autotune. Also, it seems like it will be halv a pound lighter than the MS241, and of course it has the important outboard clutch!

To be frank, I'm not interested anyway really, as I don't see a lot of use for a sub-50cc chainsaw - but that's just me. :msp_wink:

Kinda sounds like the Husky band wagon cheer leading squad is trying to down play whats happening with Stihl once again :msp_scared:

I wonder what type of lies they will come up with next from that squad (members here) :msp_scared:

Seems that's the only place you see them is at big box stores if you even see them :msp_wink:

Kinda sounds like the Husky band wagon cheer leading squad is trying to down play whats happening with Stihl once again :msp_scared:

I wonder what type of lies they will come up with next from that squad (members here) :msp_scared:

Nope, any improvement is for the good, regardless of brand - if it really is an improvement, and not just a change....:msp_wink:

That "band wagon" is only inside your head/imagination - most of us are discussing actual chainsaw models, and aren't really focused on some imaginated "brand war" - even though we sometimes pretend to. :msp_rolleyes:

Last edited:
That "band wagon" is only inside your head/imagination - most of us are discussing actual chainsaw models, and aren't really focused on some imaginated "brand war". :msp_rolleyes:

ST your the head cheer leader and you LIE about things about Stihl products

Do you want me to quote you and show others what you have said in the past ?

ST your the head cheer leader and you LIE about things about Stihl products

Do you want me to quote you and show others what you have said in the past ?

Wtf are you referring to:confused: - of course I discuss trends in development as well - so what? :confused:

However, I am not a desperate brand fanatic, like you are - and welcome good stuff from any brand! :msp_wink:

Last edited:
Wtf are you referring to:confused: - of course I discuss trends in development as well - so what? :confused:

However, I am not a desperate brand fanatic, like you are - and welcome good stuff from any brand! :msp_wink:

How about "plastic crank case"

I know you will never say you posted anything like that

It's just to easy

Yeah tomorrow I just might start a BS thread about quotes from ST

Last edited:
Sure he has
most do!!! never read into anything on AS or anywhere for that matter, gotta read between the lines and make up your own mind, its all opinionated BS and we all have our own opinions some stronger than others. some members BS just to be heard.

How about "plastic crank case"

I know you will never say you posted anything like that

It's just to easy

Yeah tomorrow I just might start a BS thread about quotes from ST

Obviously, you don't know too much about what you are commenting on - there is a difference between a small shell and a case. What makes the major differenence in quality between saw models is what the case that the saw is built around is made of, not what that little shell is made of, or whatever it is called by the manufacturer.....:msp_biggrin:

It seems that many of the points made by folks pointing out how Stihl has fallen behind Husqvarna in useful improvements are valid. BTW, I'm not defending Saw Troll.

Niko, I like & respect you, but sometimes I wonder if you realize how some of your posts (even some of the ones clearly made in jest) come across to other AS members. That said, :cheers: (make mine n/a)!

They better put spring AV on the 661.

Honestly that to me is a significant drawback from the 461. That and the air injection. This throw back conservative no change attitude is okay for some, but sooner or later they're going to have to stop wooing those who are nostalgic for a saw design that's already 20 years old and move forward.

They better put spring AV on the 661.

Honestly that to me is a significant drawback from the 461. That and the air injection. This throw back conservative no change attitude is okay for some, but sooner or later they're going to have to stop wooing those who are nostalgic for a saw design that's already 20 years old and move forward.

I don't know, I hear people moan about that but I don't see it as an issue at all. I ran a 441-CM before I got my 461, and everyone raves about how smooth the 441 is. Well, I sure don't feel like the 461 is rattling my marbles any worse than the 441 did. The 461 is rougher at idle for sure, but at cutting speed it's fine. I ran it all day Saturday.

Back