• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 201tc $415 shipped - will take offers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WIslxer

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I realize I don't have a lot of clout around here but I have a pretty solid 201t that I'm gonna list here before listing on fleabay or cl because I'd rather deal with you folks.

Right of the bat I DO NOT have compression numbers for this saw. I have a gauge but not a fitting for the size plug hole this saw has. I also AM NOT disassembling this saw for piston pics. I understand those are usually appreciated in the classifieds here but sorry to disappoint.

I bought this saw from a guy who ran a tree service who was selling off a bunch of his saws. I made him an offer for all of em and he accepted. I'm keeping some of them but if I'm honest with myself I have no use for a sweet little top-handle like this. Take that for whatever you will. He said the saw was purchased new this year. I trusted him.

I believe this saw is a 2016 or 2017. It's serial number is in one of the pics and I'm gonna head out to the garage and write it down and post it soon despite the fact that it's like 500 below zero and 2,000 below with the wind chill here right now.

You can pick this saw right up by the pull start handle (poor man's comp test) and it basically doesn't fall at all (as I'm attempting to illustrate in my awkward photo. Sorry thats the best I can do for now). It fires right up and rips like you would expect it to. It appears to have a basically brand new chain and bar that is in great shape. 16" .3/8 .050. Does look to be "low kickback" chain.

Starts, cuts, runs, oils and idles as is should. I am happy to answer any questions here publicly or via pm. This IS the first saw I'm selling here and I realize there has been some shady-a$$ $hit going on around here. I want to be as open, honest and clear as I can about the saw. I have paypal ready to go and will stand behind this saw and if you buy it and it isn't what I described or what you expected I will work with you for a full or partial refund. I've purchased saws from members on here and have been appreciative of the help you folks have passed along. I'm happy to pm my phone number to anybody if anybody feels like they want to give me a call. Happy new year!

Some pics:
201t-1.jpg 201t-2.jpg 201t-3.jpg 201t-4.jpg 201t-5.jpg

How's $425 shipped to your door sound? Let me know if I'm way outta wack at that price.

Seems like a good deal to me. I'm not interested personally, but I can suggest something to make any interested parties feel safer. My suggestion would be that you accept $425 shipped, but that the buyer uses PayPal goods and services to pay that amount, instead of friends and family. That gives the buyer some pretty solid protection for no cost to them.

Seems like a good deal to me. I'm not interested personally, but I can suggest something to make any interested parties feel safer. My suggestion would be that you accept $425 shipped, but that the buyer uses PayPal goods and services to pay that amount, instead of friends and family. That gives the buyer some pretty solid protection for no cost to them.

Yeah I'd be willing to do that. Member hunter72 can vouch for me too. I bought two of my Dolmars from him.

Good deal considering the shipping. Put a hole in the muffler and crank up the timing and these are mean TD saws. I hear Stihl price on these is going up this spring...
Hold on to it until then and sell it for $525.

Back