• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 260 pro

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whiplash1

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Stihl 260 pro, new meteor p/c set with 2 tanks ran through it, 16” sugi hara, 3 new Oregon lpx chains and a forth like new. 1 new raismen all full chisel. Showing 175 lb compression. Also selling with saw is lightly scored oem Mahle/Stihl cylinder and another no brand cylinder that looks ok. Also a spare walbro carb and aftermarket air filter. $500 plus shipping from 15551. Can send more pics if something you wanna see. Thanks

Attachments

• 89FD7FBE-C7C5-4AB5-8DC3-54FCBCA92D9E.jpeg
    89FD7FBE-C7C5-4AB5-8DC3-54FCBCA92D9E.jpeg
    6 MB · Views: 57
  • BFC3108E-EE74-4482-ABC2-D191286965EF.jpeg
    BFC3108E-EE74-4482-ABC2-D191286965EF.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 60
  • 1077BC2A-8BDA-4300-99AE-44408031673F.jpeg
    1077BC2A-8BDA-4300-99AE-44408031673F.jpeg
    5.9 MB · Views: 57
  • 23074D89-13A4-47CC-BBE0-AFF7785F4EA9.jpeg
    23074D89-13A4-47CC-BBE0-AFF7785F4EA9.jpeg
    5.9 MB · Views: 60
I think you can edit the thread's title, and subsequently mark it as sold. Try locating the small "three dots" icon at the top of the thread. Select "edit thread", and then choose a different prefix. "Sold" is what you wish for, I think.

If that doesn't work for you, let me know. Quite frankly, I don't really know how your controls work on this website, since the moderator's controls are a bit more comprehensive. I have never posted or used the classified section, so I am actually clueless here.

I don't have a good understanding yet of the policy regarding deleting a thread, but I'm working on getting an answer.

I changed it to sold.

Were you unable to locate the edit thread button?
It is right beside the "unwatch" button. Look at top of thread where I drew in a red circle.
View attachment 992460
At least a few weeks ago any threads made in the previous year were no longer editable, as well as any threads made over a month ago (maybe not that short, but a ridiculously short time). Things might have changed, but I think around a month ago I was unable to edit a thread I made in January or February.

Here's a promising bit of news! Your inquiry prompted me to contact management, and management agrees with my observations.

In the near future, you should anticipate having an extended ability to change the prefix of the thread to reflect your sale of that item. Additionally, we should see a sticky at the top of the forums explaining how to post and manage your classified ad.

So... A lot was accomplished by your extended effort to kill the ad. Thanks!

8C72ED7E-5C6D-4AE7-B770-3C56370FDB8A.png
No edit option that I’m seeing, maybe it has something to do with being on cell? But I really appreciate your help here.

Management has stated that they will include better instructions for posting classified ads, and they will also enable editing the thread so that you will be able to change the status. Naturally, this will take a bit of time to implement, so just relax... We'll get it done eventually.

In the meanwhile, I can offer some explanations and history. A long time ago, users could go back and edit their content, regardless of the age of the post. At some point in time, Darin (the owner), limited the allowed time for editing a post to just a few hours. Since then, that "edit" period has been extended greatly, but you still lose the ability to edit your posts after enough time has passed.

I think this is what occurred with your post here; it got too old before you attempted to change or delete, and then you couldn't. Your petitions to get it changed through moderation has reached the point where the classified section will have improved features, and hopefully a better experience.

Back