Stihl 440 Mag

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats means I did good??? Lol. The throttle lever seems to be weird. You can move it to any position without squeezing trigger. Nor will it stay on warm start.

This one was only for sale because the 84 year old owner couldnt pull it. I figured out the has pedal thing. Ill dig into it tomorrow. Something unclipped or popped out of joint. Gotta find some big dawgs and maybe west coast big clutch cover.
If the worst you gotta deal with is the Switch/trigger, Likely he didn't know how to start it by procedure, and broke a piece of plastic. Good for you. You kinda STOLE IT. The decomp is not good enough for him, so your gain.

I used mine last weekend for the first time in two years maybe, and the fuel tank had some serious leftover mix residue, in it, so after swishing in a couple of ounces and dumping that out. It popped right to life and cut some bigger rounds for an hour. with an ES 28" bar The fuel Flippy wanted to leak, and I didn;t investigate if the gasket is bad or just got a little trash in it- it was aligned well, but I just ran it a little leaky. I may get around to examining it this weekend.

To say I was surprised it fired with the old fuel residue in it, would be an understatement, but I wont complain.

I dont need another, so I wont shill up the bid to $551.00 plus a package of Wild Hog Sausage+ shipping.....

ENJOY

DO check fuel and pulse hoses. I would pull the carb and check diaphragms and screen. Sitting is worse than running when it comes to the fuel system. Preventative maintenance saves bug bucks later.
You got a great saw. Keep it that way for many more years. You might be surprised how old it is already.

DO check fuel and pulse hoses. I would pull the carb and check diaphragms and screen. Sitting is worse than running when it comes to the fuel system. Preventative maintenance saves bug bucks later.
You got a great saw. Keep it that way for many more years. You might be surprised how old it is already.
It runs PERFECT! Its a 2001 model according to serial number.

It runs PERFECT! Its a 2001 model according to serial number.
OK just saying what I see in the shop daily. You want to keep it running that way.

Back