Stihl bar ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am confused. I have two bars with the STIHL logo. One bar is identified as 3003 000 6613 & the other one is identified as 3003 000 8813. Both of these bars have sprocket noses. Both bars are identified as 3/8 pitch, .050 gage & are for a 16 inch chain. Both bars were given to me quite a few years ago & they were brand new.
I ran the 6613 bar for quite a while & just put a new chain on & I put the 8813 bar on. This is when I noticed the different ID numbers.
Thanks to HarleyT for enlarging the pic to show the number.

Attachments

• b.JPG
    b.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • x.JPG
    x.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
I am confused. I have two bars with the STIHL logo. One bar is identified as 3003 000 6613 & the other one is identified as 3003 000 8813. Both of these bars have sprocket noses. Both bars are identified as 3/8 pitch, .050 gage & are for a 16 inch chain. Both bars were given to me quite a few years ago & they were brand new.
I ran the 6613 bar for quite a while & just put a new chain on & I put the 8813 bar on. This is when I noticed the different ID numbers.
Thanks to HarleyT for enlarging the pic to show the number.
See my post above, the well used one/bar is a discontinued part # superseded by the 2nd part#. e.g. they are basically the same unless the 8813 was interchangeable AND upgraded in some way

Latest posts

Back