Stihl Contra Info Sharing Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dug my old Contra Lightning out from under the work bench today. Turns out she's an "S". I'd forgotten how good shape it's in. Grip material completely intact, virtually all paint (Outside the bottom) is fully intact. Surface rust on the bar though. My 08 however has been ridden hard. I'll try to post some photos tomorrow if the sun cooperates.

Dug my old Contra Lightning out from under the work bench today. Turns out she's an "S". I'd forgotten how good shape it's in. Grip material completely intact, virtually all paint (Outside the bottom) is fully intact. Surface rust on the bar though. My 08 however has been ridden hard. I'll try to post some photos tomorrow if the sun cooperates.

Whanna sell it?:clap:

Welcome to the site! :cheers:

The S makes it very interesting!!!!!

Post pics of both that one, and the "limbing saw"......

Stephen...

Looking forward to seeing those pics. +1 on the question "wanna sell it?"...Carl

I haven't seen sunshine in 3 days here. I'm going to try inside today & see if the camera will cooperate. While I haven't decided for certain, yes I think I'll offer her for sale. I don't have children so eventually it would just be run through my estate auction if I keep it. I think I'd rather know it's with someone who'll appreciate it. I did overstate slightly on one item, the rubber on the forward handle is in fact cracked in 2 places. While I'm sure some of you have nicer examples, of the ones I've seen on the web, mine is the best original (Outside that NIB) I've seen. The bar appears to be original with the round Stihl marking. As I was taught, the chain was obviously sharpened after the last time I ran her so it would be ready if needed quickly.

I have the straight from under the workbench on the camera now & someones coming tonight to post them. I've since done all the cleaning I think I'll do. We're scheduled for sunshine tomorrow, if that happens I'll post another set tomorrow night. One question, I cannot find the serial # tag, nor any studs where it was. Would someone please advise me where to look? Thanks.

I have the straight from under the workbench on the camera now & someones coming tonight to post them. I've since done all the cleaning I think I'll do. We're scheduled for sunshine tomorrow, if that happens I'll post another set tomorrow night. One question, I cannot find the serial # tag, nor any studs where it was. Would someone please advise me where to look? Thanks.

Mine is located on the front of the saw to the right of the muffler as seen in these two photos:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Is there a way to see if a Contra is the 106 or the 137 S ...without taking the jug off to measure ?

Will do a forum search to see if i can locate photos Bill posted of different cyls,
Can't see the plate on mine either........:greenchainsaw:

Back