• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl Contra military model w/ crate

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's baaa-aaack! Turns out I still have this saw and it's back on the market. I would still very much prefer to trade it, but I would consider selling it for the right offer. Please don't contact me and ask how much - make an offer if you want to buy it but have nothing I listed to trade.

I have a military Contra that I would like to trade. The muffler has been repainted and the bonnet is aftermarket. The crate & kit is neither perfect nor complete, but still very nice. I bought it as a runner, but have honestly never tried to start it. For genuinely interested parties I will get any additional photos requested, but certainly of the piston through the exhaust, check compression, and make a video of it running. What you see in these photos is what I have and what is up for trade.

Regardless of a full trade or a partial trade in either direction, I'll throw out everything I can think of that I'd be interested in:
  • Sand cast Contras or parts (specifically need an FM logo recoil spring cover)
  • Early, embossed top, 090AV
  • Factory 070 or 090 with electronic ignition
  • 090G S1 or S2 stone saw
  • 090G saw or parts
  • Contra G or GS saw or parts (gearbox cover, standard or tube style muffler, etc.)
  • Contra S saw or parts
  • PM 390
  • Solo Super Rex
Interested folks please PM me so we can discuss.

All that said, if you happen to have anything particularly interesting or rare related to Stihl 1106/1109 series saws (hardware or paperwork) please let me know. Even if you’re not up for trading or are not interested in this saw we might be able to strike a deal.

Thank you for looking.

View attachment 655690 View attachment 655691 View attachment 655692 View attachment 655693 View attachment 655694 View attachment 655695 View attachment 655696 View attachment 655697 View attachment 655698 View attachment 655699
That Stihl is so dang sweet!!

Back